TT: Analysis of 1st Round Cuts

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, FlipTheBird said:

I hope Mercedes is able to find a position he fits in... That bat of his is intriguing, even if he is a little older.

He definitely has power, that is for sure. He is fooled easily on breaking pitches though, so he needs some work there. Frederick has him left field a bit last season when then had Wynns and Sawyer on the club, or had him DH. He didn't catch that much until later on, when Wynns and Sawyer were both called up to Norfolk and Bowie, respectively.

I think he will probably be known more as a DH or at first base than outfield. I was a bit shocked he came to camp as a catcher, but realized they probably just wanted to see him bat against the "major league" guys.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He definitely has power, that is for sure. He is fooled easily on breaking pitches though, so he needs some work there. Frederick has him left field a bit last season when then had Wynns and Sawyer on the club, or had him DH. He didn't catch that much until later on, when Wynns and Sawyer were both called up to Norfolk and Bowie, respectively.

I think he will probably be known more as a DH or at first base than outfield. I was a bit shocked he came to camp as a catcher, but realized they probably just wanted to see him bat against the "major league" guys.

They were short on catchers to catch BP. From what I heard unless he changed some minds while in camp, he's going to be playing 1B and OF when not DHing.

Archived