Pedro back. (Will he opt out?)

oriolesacox

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Dan said that he wanted to improve the outfield defense. Therefore, I am going to be upset if Pedro is the primary dh and Trumbo is the starting right fielder. I hope Dan told Pedro that he would be a bench player if he makes the team.

I think this is more injury insurance. If Davis or Trumbo go down with injury, we have a really good replacement ready to step in.

Fantastic signing. Almost too good to be true.

5 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

This makes absolutely no sense. It also makes the Trumbo deal look pretty bad in comparison, getting a 827 OPS DH for peanuts, while giving Trumbo $13M per year to do the same.  Are they platooning? 

I suppose he can platoon with Mancini in Norfolk. But there's no need for him to not get at bats down there while he waits for someone to get injured.

51 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

It is crazy to me that a guy who can give you 400 at bats at DH and likely an .800-.850 OPS can't get a major league deal.  Glad to have him back.  

Yeah, I couldn't believe this when I got the text. Wow, good move DD but this means certain death to the rule 5 guys (slim hope if Santander "goes along" with the DL thing). 

Archived