Drake DFA

Rene88

6 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I disagree.

If he pitches strongly down at AAA, then DD will make room on the 40 man roster and get him on the AAA shuttle. IMO

He can control his destiny.

Agree to disagree.

He had his window. Barring an injury or overly impressive performance I don't think we will see him on the 40-man again. A trade would not surprise me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Agree to disagree.

He had his window. Barring an injury or overly impressive performance I don't think we will see him on the 40-man again. A trade would not surprise me.

I agree, he has had his window, I dont see a trade however.

But, the window is not permanently closed yet, but getting there.

52 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Agree to disagree.

If he pitches very well, and we need a reliever, he could be reinstated if someone else isn't getting the job done.    We use 50+ players in a season -- that means there's a lot of movement on and off the 40-man roster.   

7 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

What about Aquino? I think if Miley goes down on the DL that he'll get a start or two

Right now and based on DD"s comments in the second inning completely agree.

Who we grab off the waiver wire and/or sign to a contract is the big wildcard.

14 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

What about Aquino? I think if Miley goes down on the DL that he'll get a start or two

Miley will go on the 10-day effective today, March 30, and be eligible to pitch on April 9 when we need a 4th starter.  So he'll get a minor league start to build his endurance.  But we don't need Aquino or anyone other than the Gausman, Bundy, Jiminez and Miley before April 15 when we will need a 5th starter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • weams changed the title to Drake DFA
  • weams locked this topic
  • weams unlocked this topic
On 3/30/2017 at 2:28 PM, Redskins Rick said:

I disagree.

If he pitches strongly down at AAA, then DD will make room on the 40 man roster and get him on the AAA shuttle. IMO

He can control his destiny.

He can't really get a whole lot better at AAA than what he has done the past two years. 

Archived