Drake DFA

Rene88

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what's wrong with Drake, but this isn't just a matter of "his stuff doesn't play in the big leagues."    He's just not in good form at all right now.    He'll have to try to sort things out in AAA and hope people are willing to give him another shot when he's ready.  

It's been proven that DD hates losing people.  Heck, he even got back Michael Almanzar in a trade the year we drafted him in the rule 5.  

The 6th/7th spots are just innings eaters.  Drake's first MLB appearance would likely be following up a SP that went 3-4 innings, we're losing, and he's just out there to eat innings.  

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It's been proven that DD hates losing people.  Heck, he even got back Michael Almanzar in a trade the year we drafted him in the rule 5.  

The 6th/7th spots are just innings eaters.  Drake's first MLB appearance would likely be following up a SP that went 3-4 innings, we're losing, and he's just out there to eat innings.  

To me, there's no such thing as "just innings eaters."   The way you get comeback wins is by not letting the other team pad their leads.   

Yeah-Roch (great guy) tried to create some suspense in his most recent blog post but must of us knew Drake was nothing special. I am a Drake fan, but after such a bad ST performance, nobody was going to claim him. He isn't a long guy, so a backend guy with an 8+ ERA ain't cutting it...

Glad we could keep him for depth, but wouldn't be shocked to see him traded. It's going to be hard to earn his spot back on the 40 man.

1 hour ago, Rene88 said:

Yeah-Roch (great guy) tried to create some suspense in his most recent blog post but must of us knew Drake was nothing special. I am a Drake fan, but after such a bad ST performance, nobody was going to claim him. He isn't a long guy, so a backend guy with an 8+ ERA ain't cutting it...

Glad we could keep him for depth, but wouldn't be shocked to see him traded. It's going to be hard to earn his spot back on the 40 man.

I disagree.

If he pitches strongly down at AAA, then DD will make room on the 40 man roster and get him on the AAA shuttle. IMO

He can control his destiny.

Archived