Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2017

OFFNY

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

BALTIMORE  O RIOLES )))))) (vs. ROYALS, 5/13) ))))

Seth Smith - RF

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Manny Machado - 3B

Chris Davis - 1B

Mark Trumbo - DH

- LF

Joey Rickard - CF

Ryan Edward Flaherty - SS

Caleb Martin Joseph - C

K.J. Gausman - RHP (2-3, 6.63 ERA) ( *

* ) Leads the Major Leagues in Games Started (8), and Leads the American League in Earned Runs Ceded (28)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Nathan Alan Karns - RHP (2-2, 4.58 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

It would be clever of the Royals to start Nate Karns two days in a row after what he did to the Orioles last night, but fortunately they're using Chris Young today instead.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

It would be clever of the Royals to start Nate Karns two days in a row after what he did to the Orioles last night, but fortunately they're using Chris Young today instead.

o

Thanks Paul, I fixed it about a minute after I originally posted it.

I apologize for making a mistake.

o

I thought Jones may get day off.  He did not look comfortable last night at all.  I am not sure if it was hip or upper thigh bothering him,  I am guessing on that dive attempt he tweeted something.  The next at bat I noticed him messing around with it.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

BALTIMORE  O RIOLES )))))) (vs. TIGERS, 5/16) ))))

Joey Rickard - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Manny Machado - 3B

Mark Trumbo - DH

Chris Davis - 1B

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Welington Castillo - C

Trey Mancini - LF

James Jerry Hardy - SS

Wade Allen Miley - LHP (1-1, 2.45 ERA)

OPPOSINPITCHER

Matthew Robert Boyd - LHP (2-3, 3.89 ERA)

o

Any lineup card pictures yet.  Wondering what moves they may have made.  I don't think Blier is there.

10 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

BALTIMORE  O RIOLES )))))) (vs. TIGERS, 5/17) ))))

Seth Smith - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Manny Machado - 3B

Chris Davis - 1B

Mark Trumbo - DH

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Welington Castillo - C

Trey Mancini - LF

James Jerry Hardy - SS

Ubaldo Jimenez Garcia - RHP (1-1, 6.15 ERA)

OPPOSINPITCHER

Michael Joseph Fulmer - RHP (4-1, 2.54 ERA)

o

Has Kim been traded or sent back to Korea?

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm not seeing the point of having Kim on the roster if he is purely going to be a backup.  Would be better off with a plus defender who can steal bases.  

Or a pitcher who can eat innings. Seems like a battle of wills going on between Buck and Dan. I guess Buck is just getting practice for when we have to carry the Rule 5 guy.

10 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Or a pitcher who can eat innings. Seems like a battle of wills going on between Buck and Dan. I guess Buck is just getting practice for when we have to carry the Rule 5 guy.

I would roll with an 8 man bullpen if Kim is going to start 2 games a month.  Between Miley/Ubaldo/Gausman, you need 2 or 3 pitchers in long relief role to eat up innings. 

Why is Castillo catching after a 13 inning came and one game back from the DL?  I get that he may be Ubaldo's personal C but come on.  I like Wellington, so why run him into the ground?

I don't get the lack of moves today.  Only Chricton is up.  I'm usually pretty optimistic but what is the pen tonight?  Ubaldo 1-5+, Chricton 5-7, Flaherty 8.  

I don't get why people continue to be mad that Kim is not playing.  Who should they sit.  Trumbo has heated up and has power, Davis is red hot right now and Mancini is playing very good.  Smith is a better player then Kim and a little better defender.  I like Kim but when the four guys that he can play over are playing better then him you don't just start him because.  Smith may get hurt in the future or Mancini come back to earth but right now you go with the hot hands.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Why is Castillo catching after a 13 inning came and one game back from the DL?  I get that he may be Ubaldo's personal C but come on.  I like Wellington, so why run him into the ground?

I don't get the lack of moves today.  Only Chricton is up.  I'm usually pretty optimistic but what is the pen tonight?  Ubaldo 1-5+, Chricton 5-7, Flaherty 8.  

I am guessing they are planing on adding someone to the 40 man roster outside the organization so they are leaving spot open.  Of the guys down there right now not a lot are an option.  Nuno and Verret not down long enough and Wright Wilson and Aquino started last two days so no help.  Only guy I see as an option is Fry.

Archived