Thank You, Mark Daniel Trumbo

OFFNY

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

5 homers, 11 RBI in his last 8 games.   

I enjoy it when sluggers go on a tear.   

o

And one of those 8 games was not even a full one (today's pinch-hit home run in his sole plate appearance of the day.)

Way to go, Mark Daniel.

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. ANGELS, 7/01)

NUMBER 9

MARDANIETRUMBO

MARDANIETRUMBO

MARDANIETRUMBO

MARDANIETRUMBO

MARDANIETRUMBO

MARDANIETRUMBO

MARDANIETRUMBO

o

o

(vs. ANGELS, 7/01)

NUMBER 10

MARDANIETRUMBO

MARDANIETRUMBO

MARDANIETRUMBO

MARDANIETRUMBO

MARDANIETRUMBO

MARDANIETRUMBO

MARDANIETRUMBO

o

On 7/1/2018 at 2:56 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. ANGELS, 7/01)

NUMBER 9

MARDANIETRUMBO

o

On 7/1/2018 at 2:57 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. ANGELS, 7/01)

NUMBER 10

MARDANIETRUMBO

o

o

To me, the best part of this video is Manny Machado triumphantly pointing his index finger in the air with a big smile on his face after Trumbo's second home run. 

You wouldn't think that he is playing for a team that has a record of 24-59, you would think that he is playing for a Little League team in which every game (and every win) means something important.

https://www.mlb.com/video/trumbos-2-homer-game/c-2219505383

o

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

To me, the best part of this video is Manny Machado triumphantly pointing his index finger in the air with a big smile on his face after Trumbo's second home run. 

You wouldn't think that he is playing for a team that has a record of 24-59, you would think that he is playing for a Little League team in which every game (and every win) means something important.

https://www.mlb.com/video/trumbos-2-homer-game/c-2219505383

o

You gotta feel for the fan on the second homer who had the ball hit him right in the glove and pop out.   Poor guy! 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Natty said:

Great to see Trumbo find his HR swing. 

But lets be perspective, take a guess who has a higher HR/AB ratio? Trumbo or Joey Rickard. Lol. 

I don’t find that stat very meaningful.   Trumbo has hit 10 homers in 50 games — that’s a 32 homer pace, except he missed the first month or so of the season.   If he ends up with the .795 OPS he has now, and 25ish homers (which he’s on pace to do, considering the time he missed), that’s a very solid season for him offensively.   Rickard has had 5 homers but that’s about the only think he’s done offensively, as his .673 OPS attests.  

Trumbo is one of the few players on the team meeting my expectations, though of course, my expectations included that he’d be horrible on defense.    

• Thanks 1