Thank You, Mark Daniel Trumbo

OFFNY

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, theobird said:

Trumbo at least has a chance to cover his contract. Davis....Not so much. If we could only trade Davis, it would make living with Trumbo a bit more do-able. Both of them, seems like way to tall a mountain to climb.

More likely Trumbo is moved, not nearly as burdensome a contract.

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

More likely Trumbo is moved, not nearly as burdensome a contract.

With that in mind, the Mets need a 1B and another bat having moved Duda and Bruce and with other player injuries. They will have their big 4 SP back next year and have other back end SP options. So Trumbo to NYM with someone like Wright (maybe some $$) for Zack Wheeler. Limited to 80+ innings this first year back from TJ and on the DL with  arm strain. Prior to TJ had about 350 innings at mid-3 ERA. Would be 28 next year. Give him this year's Bundy treatment next year.

10 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

With that in mind, the Mets need a 1B and another bat having moved Duda and Bruce and with other player injuries. They will have their big 4 SP back next year and have other back end SP options. So Trumbo to NYM with someone like Wright (maybe some $$) for Zack Wheeler. Limited to 80+ innings this first year back from TJ and on the DL with  arm strain. Prior to TJ had about 350 innings at mid-3 ERA. Would be 28 next year. Give him this year's Bundy treatment next year.

I would be happy to receive a bag of balls. I doubt the Mets would offer much more than that. 

25 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

There's been a fair amount of discussion on NY sports radio talk shows about the Mets pursuing Moustakas for the middle of their lineup. If they do sign him, I'm pretty sure they'll be looking for cheap options at 1B, so they might not take on his full salary. But it's worth a shot. 

I have no idea whether Wheeler would pass the Orioles' medical test, whatever it consists of.

46 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd send a bag of balls and a dozen pies with Trumbo if they would take over his contract.

I altered your original post with some snark.  If only AJ hadn't pied the "Big Fella", this season may have turned around, but as Frobby says, "We'll never know the answer to that fantasy question!"  :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

A little extra snark never hurt anyone.

Mark Daniel actually offered some thoughts on 2018 when "axed" by Steve Melewski (as quoted by OFFNY):

"Trumbo said if players like Hays and Chance Sisco join the team next year, he would endorse what would then produce a better blend of veterans and young players on the 2018 Orioles.

“For sure. You need guys like that,” he said. “Guys that are creating things on the basepaths and making plays like Austin made in right field. And I think it brings a lot of energy to the team and I think it’s exciting. The more of that you can do throughout a game, the better the team is and the fans probably really enjoy it too.

“You want something sustainable. That is what every team wants. The ability to compete now and compete later. We’ve had some nice players come up.”

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2017/09/trumbos-take-veteran-opines-on-his-season-and-more.html