2017 Attendance Thread

OFFNY

43 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Lowest attendance of the year, to date: 11,142.   Oddly, that exact number also was the low in 2016.   I assume that's basically the season ticket floor.    I'd certainly agree that Thursday's game will be about as low as it can possibly be. Why see Tampa on a Thursday night when you can see them on a weekend and pick up some swag in the process?

Many schools are closed in Maryland tomorrow. Don't think it would matter for attendance. I see 11,978.:D

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Many schools are closed in Maryland tomorrow. Don't think it would matter for attendance. I see 11,978.:D

Seems like that might boost attendance tonight, if there's no school tomorrow.   At least, for those not observing a religious holiday.   

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It seems like that might boost attendance tonight, if there's no school tomorrow. At least, for those not observing a religious holiday.

o

Sandy Koufax was not particularly religious.

However, because of the fact that he knew how important the Jewish faith was to others, and that the Jews at-large had been persecuted throughout the recent centuries, he made a decision not to pitch Game One of the 1965 World Series because it fell on Yom Kippur ...... which put the Dodgers in a pretty severe bind in terms of their starting rotation for the remainder of the series.

Greatness is in the eyes of the beholder, and I believe that what Koufax did was a great thing (again, especially when considering the fact that he was not particularly devout in terms of religion in the first place.)

Sandy Koufax's Refusal to Pitch on Yom Kippur still Resonates

(By Jim Caple)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/13710996/los-angeles-dodgers-legend-sandy-koufax-decision-not-pitch-game-1-1965-world-series-yom-kippur-resonates-today

o

3 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Sandy Koufax was not particularly religious.

However, because of the fact that he knew how important the Jewish faith was to others, and that the Jews at-large had been persecuted throughout the recent centuries, he made a decision not to pitch Game One of the 1965 World Series because it fell on Yom Kippur ...... which put the Dodgers in a pretty severe bind in terms of their starting rotation for the remainder of the series.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and I believe that what Koufax did was a beautiful thing (again, especially when considering the fact that he was not particularly devout in terms of religion in the first place.)

Sandy Koufax's Refusal to Pitch on Yom Kippur still Resonates

(By Jim Caple)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/13710996/los-angeles-dodgers-legend-sandy-koufax-decision-not-pitch-game-1-1965-world-series-yom-kippur-resonates-today

o

It was meaningful to my family.    It's not like there are tons of great Jewish baseball players.    My mom made sure I knew what he'd done (undoubtedly, while I was grumbling about being dragged off to services).    

o

3-Game Set vs. RED SOX ))))))) (September 18th, 19th, and 20th)

16,716 )l) (36% Full)

21,449 )l) (47% Full)

16,906 )l) (37% Full)

TOTAL )llllll.lllll.lll.lllllllllll.lll.lllllllllllllllllll)  55,071

3-GAME AVERAGE lllllll.lllll.llllll.ll18,357

o

On 9/19/2017 at 10:42 PM, Orioles1954 said:

Over/under on Thursday night attendance against Tampa Bay. I'm going to say 8,000.

On 9/20/2017 at 7:57 AM, Frobby said:

Over, because of season ticket sales.     I think 10-11,000 is the floor.   

Actual paid attendance: 14,967.   Now 66,637 away from going over the 2 million mark.    I'd imagine they'll clear it comfortably, with the various giveaways and nice weather expected this weekend. 

18 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

i also think so. 75,000  to 80,000 with nice weather.Still lowest attendance since 2011.

And (probably) the worst record, though I don't think that's the sole cause of the drop (we also had a drop last year despite making the playoffs in a tight race).    

42,802 tonight, the 4th biggest crowd of the year, and it put the O's over the 2 million mark.    

I was there, and left in the top of the 9th after Wright allowed a homer on the first pitch of the inning to take the score to 6-1.   By the time the game ended, I was dropping my brother at his house in Bethesda, 40 miles away.   

o

4-Game Set vs. D-RAYS ))))))) (September 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 24th)

14,967 )l) (33% Full)

28,835 )l) (63% Full)

42,802 ).) (93% Full)

23,424 )ll) (51% Full)

TOTAL )ooooolooollllllllll.llllllloo)l)))  110,028

4-GAME AVERAGE ))..).l).).)l)  27,507

o

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

So, down about 150,000 from last year.

I don't think it was a huge issue but  threat of rain again this year was big. Most homestands had at least one rain delay. That of course does not really impact pre sales, just day of game walk up.  

Archived