Could Manny Machado Leave For The Yankees?

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Harper I do think will be playing for the Yankees.

Maybe, but Lerner has overpaid before. I don't think it's out of the question. Hey! So has Angelos. Now I'm sure MM gets signed by the Orioles. 

Suppose PA offers a 10 year/300 million contract, don't you think someone will offer 10/310 and so on? At what point would PA cut bait?? I know Manny says the right things, but does he really have connections to Baltimore? The absolute worse outcome is getting nothing in return for Manny. If they intend to sign him it better be before he reaches FA IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Machado: I Bleed for the Orioles, I'm Going to Die Out There

(By Brandon Wile)

https://www.thescore.com/news/1290550

o

o

"I play for Baltimore," Machado said, according to Roch Kubatko of MASN.

"I bleed for this team. I'm going to die out there, I'm going to do whatever I've got to do to keep this team going."

o

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He'll bleed for whoever gives him the best contract.  That includes Boston.

I agree with your first sentence, not sure he would goto Boston, knowing what he knows about Boston and even David Price gets lit up by the fans.

12 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He'll bleed for whoever gives him the best contractThat includes Boston.

7 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I agree with your first sentence, but I'm not sure that he would go to Boston, knowing what he knows about Boston ...... even David Price gets lit up by the fans.

o

I think so, too.

It think that it will be between the Orioles and 28 other Major League teams, with the highest bidder having the inside track, and the Orioles with a puncher's chance if they can at least come close to matching it

I think that the Red Sox are out for Machado.

Still, it was nice to hear him come across in such an emotional manner for the team that he is currently playing for.

o

6 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I think so, too.

It think that it will be between the Orioles and 28 other Major League teams, with the highest bidder having the inside track, and the Orioles with a puncher's chance if they can at least come close to matching it

I think that the Red Sox are out for Machado.

Still, it was nice to hear him come across in such an emotional manner for the team that he is currently playing for.

o

I do think Manny likes it here, he loves Buck and his teammates, and we shall see if he stays here or not.

On 4/12/2017 at 7:02 PM, Dark Helmet said:

Kris Bryant is still in the NL.

Point is, if Manny gets 300-400 m from the Yankees, he better be in the MVP conversation and probably win it atleast once or he will get their wrath.

Sub .300 BA and sub 100 RBI seasons won't cut it there. They think their getting the second coming of Alex Rodriguez in his roided up prime.

.294, 96 RBI  .876 OPS and 37 dingers, I will take all day long and twice on Sunday.

I

6 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I think Manny respects the O's to the point that he won't go to an AL East team.  I'm guessing Dodgers - maybe the Mets.

I really don't think Manny would let his love for his roots keep him from going to New York, if the Yankees ponied up with the largest contract. That's very idealistic thinking.

If the O's really decide they can't afford to extend him, the smart play is try to TRADE him to a team like the Dodgers, and hope they lock up an extension before he ever hits the market.

40 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I think Manny respects the O's to the point that he won't go to an AL East team.  I'm guessing Dodgers - maybe the Mets.

In what world can the Mets afford him? They have a smaller payroll than we do.

Archived