Trumbo needs to sit a day or two

ChuckS

Not a reactionary thread.  He really needs a couple days to get his head straight.  

He just looks really bad/indecisive at the plate.  .550 OPS and falling.  Unlike Hardy, he provides no value to us when he's not getting it done with the bat.  I realize you just paid the guy 3/36, but he's hurting the team right now.  

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I vote for the reactionary thread.

I'm not advocating benching him indefinitely but I don't see how giving the guy less playing time (or even just a single day off?) while he gets his swing/confidence back is a bad thing.  I wish Buck had done this with Davis at times in the past when he has gone weeks/months at a time as a big black hole in the lineup. 

What's the standard for this not be a reactionary thread anyway?  1/8 of the season isn't good enough for you obviously.  Is it 1/6?  1/4?  More?

10 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I'm not advocating benching him indefinitely but I don't see how giving the guy less playing team (or even just a single day off?) while he gets his swing/confidence back is a bad thing.  I wish Buck had done this with Davis at times in the past when he has gone weeks/months at a time as a big black hole in the lineup. 

What's the standard for this not be a reactionary thread anyway?  1/8 of the season isn't good enough for you obviously.  Is it 1/6?  1/4?  More?

You misunderstand. I am not calling you reactionary. If someone made a reactionary thread, I would vote for it. I really did not like the Trumbo signing at the time, and I like it even less now.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

You misunderstand. I am not calling you reactionary. If someone made a reactionary thread, I would vote for it. I really did not like the Trumbo signing at the time, and I like it even less now.

Okay, gotcha.  

Was hoping Mancini would have played instead of Trumbo tonight. Trumbo looks completely out of sync. The amount of fastballs around the middle of the plate he's been swinging through is a serious concern. 

Hopefully, an adjustment can be made at the plate.

Interesting enough, Chris Carter the other 2016 HR leader also has 1hr and 6rbi so far. Much easier to not play him though as he's on a 1 year 3-3.5million deal.

Trumbo 50 at bats without a RBI. 0 for his last 18.

7 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

Was hoping Mancini would have played instead of Trumbo tonight. Trumbo looks completely out of sync. The amount of fastballs around the middle of the plate he's been swinging through is a serious concern. 

Hopefully, an adjustment can be made at the plate.

Interesting enough, Chris Carter the other 2016 HR leader also has 1hr and 6rbi so far. Much easier to not play him though as he's on a 1 year 3-3.5million deal.

Trumbo 50 at bats without a RBI. 0 for his last 18.

In the middle of the order.  Can only roll with that for so long.  

At least Buck moved him down one spot to the five hole, I'll give him that.  

15 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Still more disappointed in Machado than Trumbo.

Not me. Machado is still hitting the ball hard, has a BB/K ratio of 9/14, and plays third base while Trumbo is at 4/19 (small sample size alert) and is a barely competent outfielder.

6 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Not me. Machado is still hitting the ball hard, has a BB/K ratio of 9/14, and plays third base while Trumbo is at 4/19 (small sample size alert) and is a barely competent outfielder.

I'm more disappointed in Machado because I'm expecting a lot more from him.

He's the one that's going to break the bank in a couple of years, not Trumble.

Archived