The Rotation

Roll Tide

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key tonight is whether the game gets called or not. If it does by rule the Orioles can legally add another player tomorrow. Also, that player doesn't have to stay down the mandatory 10 days. 

If the game is called and both Miley and Bundy pitch tomorrow then we would need a starter on Wed. Asher would not have enough rest tomorrow. The one part of rule I am not clear on is if the player called up -say Asher- which is legal can also stay or has to go back to complete the 10 day stay in minors. I think that player can stay and another player can be sent down. 

Something that stood out to me in Bucks  pregame yesterday was when he said Wilson had arrived Wednesday night in case he was needed to start on Thursday. So that was already in motion before Gausman got tossed. Which seems that the ejection gave them the chance to bring Ubaldo in out of the bullpen without answering a million questions about Ubaldo. For reference, Ynoa wasn't summoned until Thursday morning (according to Buck).

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If they wanted in that sense they could push Tillman back a day and pitch Asher on Sunday. Then Wednesday would be covered. A rainout will force a 6th starter to be used.

Asher isn't on the major league roster and must remain down for at least 9 more days unless someone goes on the DL.

1 minute ago, Crazysilver03 said:

Something that stood out to me in Bucks  pregame yesterday was when he said Wilson had arrived Wednesday night in case he was needed to start on Thursday. So that was already in motion before Gausman got tossed. Which seems that the ejection gave them the chance to bring Ubaldo in out of the bullpen without answering a million questions about Ubaldo. For reference, Ynoa wasn't summoned until Thursday morning (according to Buck).

Buck believes in being prepared!

Just now, Crazysilver03 said:

Asher isn't on the major league roster and must remain down for at least 9 more days unless someone goes on the DL.

You are correct. Just found it. So forget my angle because Asher would only be on 3 days rest. Unless of course the Orioles abuse the DL rule..... 10 days is same for DL or minor league assignment. 

Also can only have the 26th player for one game of DH, not both since it would be inside 48 hours. 

2 minutes ago, Crazysilver03 said:

IMO, if they wanted Tillman to do another MILB start, they would have left Asher here, and do another roster move for a fresh arm.

Again, just my own ramblings.

Just now, eddie83 said:

You are correct. Just found it. So forget my angle because Asher would only be on 3 days rest. Unless of course the Orioles abuse the DL rule..... 10 days is same for DL or minor league assignment. 

Also can only have the 26th player for one game of DH, not both since it would be inside 48 hours. 

I dont believe the 10 day rule applies to the 26th Man for the first game of a DH.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

IMO, if they wanted Tillman to do another MILB start, they would have left Asher here, and do another roster move for a fresh arm.

Again, just my own ramblings.

No, I think you are right. hopefully Tillman's stuff is better than his results during his rehab.

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I dont believe the 10 day rule applies to the 26th Man for the first game of a DH.

Right, only the 2nd. 

It does make no sense to make a move until they know for sure if they are playing tonight. One question would be facing the WS or at the Nats Wednesday minus the DH as far as pitching matchups. Of course if we play tonight I just wasted 20 minutes of my life.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

Right, only the 2nd. 

It does make no sense to make a move until they know for sure if they are playing tonight. One question would be facing the WS or at the Nats Wednesday minus the DH.  Of course if we play tonight I just wasted 20 minutes of my life.  

I think by rule, they have up to 15 minutes before game start time to make roster announcements for that game.

Given the weather conditions, I suspect they will push it to the last second. At least I would

27 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

No, I think you are right. hopefully Tillman's stuff is better than his results during his rehab.

I dont expect Tillman to have Cy Young stuff his first game, hopefully in Sept, we can be discusses who was the better Oriole starter for 2017, Bundy or Tillman.

Archived