The Rotation

Roll Tide

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Redskins Rick said:

How many did Miggy get, apparently not enough?

I think Tillman's track record here, he gets more rope than somebody like Gallardo.

I would have optioned Miggy, but it made sense when we cut him. I think Tillman gets more rope, but I'm still cautious about the situation

Just now, MDtransplant757 said:

I would have optioned Miggy, but it made sense when we cut him. I think Tillman gets more rope, but I'm still cautious about the situation

It was a straight money move at the time, it made sense, some of us, felt that his tank was empty and based on the 2nd half of the season and a very bad ST, he was done for.

1 minute ago, MDtransplant757 said:

So did I. Would have tried hard to keep him in Norfolk

I dont remember the exact cost, but I believe that would have been a 5 million dollar move, keeping him and sending him to AAA, to see if he could sort himself out.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

I dont remember the exact cost, but I believe that would have been a 5 million dollar move, keeping him and sending him to AAA, to see if he could sort himself out.

That would have been if we optioned him. I would have cut him and tried to put him back in Norfolk. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Haven't you been bashing DD for signing Ubaldo for years? Saying that he's been better than Gausman this year is irrelevant because they both have been poor, but it's clear which one has a better chance to be better he rest of the year, and if you have say Ubaldo, you are going off of wishes more than facts.

I do agree though that Tillman is a giant question mark with the way he was pitching during his rehab. We can only hope he was treating it like spring training and working on things.

In fact the Ubaldo signing was the one and only multi-year DD contract that I supported. I thought it was a good gamble, and considering that the has remained healthy and ate innings each year not that bad a value for the 4 years. The Hardy, O'day, Davis, and Trumbo signings I was vehmemently opposed to before, during, and after they were announced

4 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Amazing the venom for Ubaldo

In fact he has been better than Gausman... if Gausman hadn't have been tossed he was well on his way to getting blown out again.

Tillman is a big question mark

The O's need Ubaldo, and I'm betting he goes on a hot streak when the weather warms. He does not like pitching in crappy cold weather

Ubaldo had been mostly bad his entire time here. I have more confidence in KG righting the ship. 

Besides KG can be sent to the minors if he continues to struggle.

Archived