Francisco Pena

sportsfan8703

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I saw that he had to leave the game because he couldn't straighten is hand out. Anyone get a chance to watch the press conference or hear an update?

Sisco isn't ready. Wynns and Perez seem like the potential in house replacements. 

Flaherty is good to go until Wednesday. 

All reports have it being a cramp that affected his whole arm. "Should" work itself out in 24 hours or less.

Also, Perez is on the DL for 4-6 weeks, so if anything happened, it's be either Wynns or probably Ariaza if Castillo and Pena were out for some time.

39 minutes ago, Crazysilver03 said:

I guess my point is that Pena to the DL would cause more headaches than the Ynoa to DL move did. 

I agree with what you are saying.  I was just making a joke that a cramp is DL-inducing event these days.  Four catchers on this 40 wouldn't be a good fit.

Just now, backwardsk said:

I agree with what you are saying.  I was just making a joke that a cramp is DL-inducing event these days.  Four catchers on this 40 wouldn't be a good fit.

Pena would probably be DFA'ed, like Ondrusek and Alvarez (Dariel type) were after getting injured.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Pena would probably be DFA'ed, like Ondrusek and Alvarez (Dariel type) were after getting injured.

You can't DFA someone that is hurt on the major league roster. He would have to go on the 10 day DL. The others were removed from the roster after they got hurt while in the minors. 

19 minutes ago, Crazysilver03 said:

You can't DFA someone that is hurt on the major league roster. He would have to go on the 10 day DL. The others were removed from the roster after they got hurt while in the minors. 

Thanks, wasn't aware of the difference.

Santander to the 60 would still be feasible then...

I was at the game today, behind the plate.  Buck and Bancells came out after pre-inning warmups, looked at Pena for a bit.  Everyone came off the field and while Buck walked back he launched Pena's catcher's glove into the dugout.  Like he was pissed.  Just chucked it real good.

I have nothing insightful to add it was like the 6th time this weekend I saw Buck come out for injured Orioles (Miley twice, Schoop, Jones, might have missed somebody) and he was probably like us just saying "oh man why is everything so ****ed this weekend" lol.

Edit: no auto-bleeping??? ?

Archived