Does Dan Panic and Rush An Arm?

Can_of_corn

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

What about Mike Wright as a BP arm? No chance of making it as a starter at this point so why not try him again? 

I'd agree, but unfortunately they've never tried him in the pen.  I think he should have at least a few bullpen appearances in the minors before he's given a spot on the Baltimore pen.  

2 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Wright, Crichton and Yakobanis come up. I'm calling it

Wright pitched 6 innings yesterday, so you can be sure he's not being called up today.    He has pitched better lately, though, 7 ER over 24.1 IP in his last four starts.    

On 5/17/2017 at 1:57 AM, BobDylanBundy said:

I'm thinking Dan will wait this one out.

We still have $25 million committed to O'Day. The O's are all-in on a turnaround whether they like it or not, and I think he can do it.

Asher and Bleier have both shown promise and it's not unreasonable to expect at least one of them emerges as a reliable arm.

The optionable arms strategy for the final spot or two has been effective and I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the higher ceiling guys (Lee, Meisinger, Castro) eventually worked into this, perhaps very soon.

The rotation is more of a concern, but Gausman is the future and we are still winning when Jimenez starts.

If there is a trade, I could see Sisco being shipped out to a team like the Padres or A's. With our standards on defense, he is not a realistic catcher possibility and I'm afraid he basically amounts to Kim v. 2.0 if he needs to move to the OF. He probably offers a great deal more value to another team than to us.

25 million, that's almost enough to get the Nats interested. Get Taylor and Soto for O'Day. Rizzo loves 15 million dollar closers who are nearing 40 years old, time to cash in.  

Castro and Chricton really ate some innings, kept two games close, and that led to have a fresh pen for last night's game. Chricton looks like he can stick. I expect Hart to be back after we get past these RH heavy teams, and he can rest a little. 

We haven't seen DD and Buck rush an arm yet. They've relied on vets or a guy like Chricton who was lights out in AAA. Not just ERA wise. 

Archived