I Have A Take On Manny's "Hotdogging It".

ORIOLE33

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Tony's take on 105.7 today with Vinnie and Bob.  Manny's missing too much and not using all fields.  

This team is too similar to each other.  Their is nobody to be an example of having good AB's.  Smith is a one year guy.  Kim is/was viewed as a fluke.  Now the players are established.  It's not like we can bring in a vet to set the tone.  They are the vets.  It's frustrating.  Unless we knock a pitcher out of the game, they are likely going very deep.  

At this point you could put Zobrist and Markakis in LF/RF and our vets still wouldn't adjust.  We are who we are.  I guess that works until you start losing.  

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I liked Tony's take on 105.7 today with Vinnie and Bob.  Manny's missing too much and not using all fields.  

This team is too similar to each other.  Their is nobody to be an example of having good AB's.  Smith is a one year guy.  Kim is/was viewed as a fluke.  Now the players are established.  It's not like we can bring in a vet to set the tone.  They are the vets.  It's frustrating.  Unless we knock a pitcher out of the game, they are likely going very deep.  

At this point you could put Zobrist and Markakis in LF/RF and our vets still wouldn't adjust.  We are who we are.  I guess that works until you start losing.  

This is the result of Manny pressing and trying to do too much at the plate.

Further, He is letting these frustrations carry over to other parts of his game to the team's detriment

I think that Smith, Castillo, and Mancini have consistently had good at bats this year. No none should be surprised 

by the overall approach of the team at the plate this year. It's the same cast of characters, and like Manny they         will turn it around sooner than later. Davis and Trumbo did not get to the big leagues and get millions of dollars in        guaranteed money by working pitchers like Red Sox hitters.

Manny has a bit of brat inside but a great deal of goodness, he's immature and he cares about how he looks...playing so casually and failing can feel easier than looking like you're trying harder and failing. He is one of the 10 most talented players in the game, if he had a good start to the year we'd be in first; he didn't, but he is a fine young man. ?

4 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

But he was among the league leaders in WAR. 

Frobby didn't discount that, he just noted that Hanley isn't a great Machado comp because he has always been sort of a one-way player. Machado plays the field well, too.

"I see a guy out here today in 90-degree heat hitting.   I see a guy that wants it sometimes too much, and I would basically say to trust him," Showalter said.

"Things will happen.   He'll seek his level, and we all know that level is pretty good.   But he's played solid defense throughout and he's been a good teammate."

I'm with Buck.  

On 5/25/2017 at 8:04 PM, FlipTheBird said:

Frobby didn't discount that, he just noted that Hanley isn't a great Machado comp because he has always been sort of a one-way player. Machado plays the field well, too.

Even when he was a young shortstop?

Manny has that classic "I'm a $400 million dollar man bro, what you gonna do about it?" attitude to his game. I can understand why fans of other teams hate him as much as we hate Joey Bats. Adam got a pretty lucrative contract (though not record-breaking levels) and he definitely didn't start acting like baseball Royalty. I'm not okay with Manny acting like he's Big Papi or Barry Bonds. 

On the bright side, if he continues to be bad, we might be able to afford him after all.

Archived