Connolly: Just swing the damn bat Davis!

Tony-OH

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/25/2017 at 10:55 AM, Tony-OH said:

Good piece here by Dan Connolly on Baltimore Baseball.

http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2017/05/25/looking-deeper-davis-strikeouts-looking/

For the life of me I don't see how anyone with his kind of power takes as many strike threes and honestly as many 3-1 pitches that are perfect strikes. What do you think?

I feel the O's have been swindled by CD and his contract.  He looks like he has no emotion.  He doesn't look like he cares about the urgency of the situation of the game.

9 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

I feel the O's have been swindled by CD and his contract.  He looks like he has no emotion.  He doesn't look like he cares about the urgency of the situation of the game.

I would never say he doesn't care. 

I admit to dropping the F Bomb watching him play lately. He is hard to watch. 

It isn't like this is the end of his deal, it is year 2.  

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

It's just perplexing how he takes pitches right down the heart of the plate.   It just doesn't make sense.

Could there be an issue with eyesight?

I think he just guesses.  Probably overthinking.  It drives me crazy when he lets a 2-0, 3-1 fastball go right down the middle. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

I think he just guesses.  Probably overthinking.  It drives me crazy when he lets a 2-0, 3-1 fastball go right down the middle. 

Even if you are guessing, wouldn't you err on the side of swinging with 2 strikes?   (and the bases loaded and two outs down by 1 run in the 9th!!!!!!!!)

Just now, SteveA said:

It's just perplexing how he takes pitches right down the heart of the plate.   It just doesn't make sense.

Could there be an issue with eyesight?

More parsimonious I think is that there is an issue with focusing the mind to an elite level to recognize that pitch in a split second and crush it.  I am only partially being a smartass  when I suggest the ADD meds are at the root of the issue.  It seems at least within the realm of possibility that Chris has a legitimate ADD issue, adderall helped him be a great hitter, and the new stuff he is one doesn't make him a great hitter. It may in fact  even make him worse than if he did not have ADD. 

5 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Starting to think his long term use of medication has taken its toll. The question now becomes how do we get rid of him and this horrific contract? There has to be a solution.

The only solution is for Angelos to sell the team and a new owner takes over who's wouldn't be attached to Davis.

Any billionaires in Maryland that want to purchase the O's?

17 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Even if you are guessing, wouldn't you err on the side of swinging with 2 strikes?   (and the bases loaded and two outs down by 1 run in the 9th!!!!!!!!)

My thoughts are he was looking breaking ball. Who knows at this point. 

He is a total nightmare.

If i DVR a game while I am out, I fast forward through his at bats because I don't have time to watch him guess and flounder at the plate.

Davis will be the anchor around our necks for years.

To think, that money could have been spent on Schoop or Manny.

Horrifyingly bad GM and ownership will doom us for years and Chris Davis is the poster boy for that impending doom.

His total lack of "give a crap" is the worst part quite frankly.

At least Manny looks like he cares when he makes dumb mistakes. Davis couldn't care less and we ALL know it whether you want to admit it or not.

Rather have anyone on our ML roster up than him. He's that bad.  When he comes up you already know the result.  And it should be surprising that he let a fastball go down the middle plate and just not swing.  Except it isn't because he does that all the time. God of all the hitters coming up it had to be him.  Rather have Gentry up than him (Gentry was already in the game of course). Enough of this, bench his $161 million dollar ass! (Sorry couldn't resist putting this line in). 

Archived