vs. WHITE SOX, 6/12

OFFNY

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SteveA said:

Major league record for most DPs hit into in a game is 7 by the Giants vs the Astros (Colt 45s???) in 1969.

AL record is 6, set 14 times, most recently by the Yankees vs the Rangers in 2011.

See there, despite all the carping, this team is capable of doing extraordinary things.

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

This feels like the 4-32 stretch that one year.  

Our stretch is now 9-20, with 9-21 looming.   Even if we lose the next 6, it would be 9-27, still 5 games better than that season ending stretch.   That is truly amazing when you think about it.

We actually got to .500 after a hot August with 36 games left in the year.   And then that happened.

And they actually blamed it on the loss of Gary Matthews Jr to injury.   And then the next year we lost Matthews due to a clerical error by our front office... was that Beattie?   Flannie?  JDuq?   I can't even remember now.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Major league record for most DPs hit into in a game is 7 by the Giants vs the Astros (Colt 45s???) in 1969.

AL record is 6, set 14 times, most recently by the Yankees vs the Rangers in 2011.

What's really crazy, when the O's are losing games like this... my beer doesn't taste very good. WTH?

Just now, MDK02 said:

I feel like the season is basically over. The division isn't attainable and wild card is slowly falling away. 

Kind of like that fly ball disappeared from Set Smith. It was there, then it was gone, and I don't know why it disappeared.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Our stretch is now 9-20, with 9-21 looming.   Even if we lose the next 6, it would be 9-27, still 5 games better than that season ending stretch.   That is truly amazing when you think about it.

We actually got to .500 after a hot August with 36 games left in the year.   And then that happened.

And they actually blamed it on the loss of Gary Matthews Jr to injury.   And then the next year we lost Matthews due to a clerical error by our front office... was that Beattie?   Flannie?  JDuq?   I can't even remember now.

9-21 with where we were at feels like 4-32.  Coming off losing the WC game in extra innings, a hot start, a 5 year run, knowing that our window is likely closing.  At least the 4-32 year we had no hope.  No 2nd WC.  

Archived