How can your major job to report on O's baseball....

wildcard

And still not understand the basics?

Mike Bordick is not aware that Kevin Gausman is out of options.  He says sending him down may be a possibility  What?

Starting pitcher Kevin Gausman, the team's first selection in the 2012 MLB Amateur Draft, has struggled mightily this season, with a 6.49 ERA in 14 starts. Bordick suggested the Orioles send Gausman down to the minors and replace him in the rotation with Ubaldo Jimenez.

"I don't think it would bother anybody if he went down and started working on both retooling his delivery and, more importantly, trying to get his confidence back," Bordick said.

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2017/06/13/former-oriole-mike-bordick-not-opposed-to-trading-manny-machado-zach-britton

Roch thinks Schoop in not arbitration eligible.   Sorry Roch is has over 3 years of service which means he was arbitration eligible last off season.

I’m not sure why Schoop’s name is suggested. He isn’t even arbitration eligible and he’s getting better.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2017/06/because-you-asked---back-in-the-habit.html

I listen and read these guys for new information about the O's.  When I read stuff like this I just shake my head and wonder how they can be this close to the O's organization and not understand what is going on.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Aglets said:

If you demand perfection of everyone the one thing you can be guaranteed of is that you'll be disappointed.

It's their job.  Fans rely on them to get it right.  They are the sources of O's information.  When they get it wrong they spread misinformation.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Gausman had a fourth option last year.  He is passed that now.

Now it doesn't bother me that Bordick doesn't know that.

Roch however should have known about Schoop.

People that masquerade as reporters should be held to a higher standard than ex-players that do TV.

There's a big difference between expressing (or just having) an opinion that you (or I) might agree with, like how much it's worth to have Chris Davis around for a long term, and making statements that get basic facts wrong, like whether an important player -- yeah, that includes Gausman -- has an option or is eligible for arbitration. I don't expect someone whose livelihood involves talking about the Orioles to make many errors of the second sort, and ought to provide access in a way that enables fans to tell them they're wrong and, if they are, they should own up to those errors and correct them. 

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You consider Bordick to be a reporter?

Yep.   He bought into that when he took the job. Reporter, or Announcer.  They need to have their facts right. Opinions are one thing but they should be based on facts.   If they are representing the O's or MASN  they have a responsibility to spread information that is factual.

Archived