Coco Crisp is a piece of --

ChaosLex

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, I was a Crisp apologist yesterday, but not right now. That was unbelievably stupid, and of course Ellsbury got hurt right afterward. Fantastic job by Crisp in being as moronic as possible.

*sigh* MEN!

HA.

I know you are being toungue-in-cheek (maybe not), but let's not start the gender war here.

Yeah, that's what the analyst said. Bartlett "dropped his knee" while Crisp was trying to slide in on the steal. I didn't realize it was such a big deal but obviously it is. So it wasn't just random maliciousness, though it's too bad Iwamura got tackled instead of Bartlett, since he was apparently the instigator.

Yeah you can block with your foot (you're supposed to, in fact) but you aren't supposed to drop your knee in there. That said, Coco is a tool. Should have taken it like a man today.

Video of today's fun...

So, is it CoCo...or CooCoo? Who gets pummelled for being a complete and utter d-bag, and comes out smiling???

Yeah, that was a little disturbing. I have no idea what the heck he thought he was doing. Talk about tweaking out. Totally uncalled for, and it's doubly stupid because now he's going to be sitting on his butt with a nice long suspension while they really need him because Ellsbury's now hurt.

Those Rays players that were hitting him while he was pinned on the ground by another Rays player were all class, though. Nothing makes you a bigger man than punching a guy while he's being held down. :rolleyes:

In general, a pathetic display all around. Fights are exciting for the fans, but really, watching adults behave that way is pretty embarrassing.

Yeah, that was a little disturbing. I have no idea what the heck he thought he was doing. Talk about tweaking out. Totally uncalled for, and it's doubly stupid because now he's going to be sitting on his butt with a nice long suspension while they really need him because Ellsbury's now hurt.

Those Rays players that were hitting him while he was pinned on the ground by another Rays player were all class, though. Nothing makes you a bigger man than punching a guy while he's being held down. :rolleyes:

In general, a pathetic display all around. Fights are exciting for the fans, but really, watching adults behave that way is pretty embarrassing.

The best part was Shields, the instant Crisp broke for the mound, knocked off his own cap and set up for the first punch. Not quite up there with Nolan Ryan, but probably close to Armando Benitez challenging the entire Yankees bench.

Maddon was jawing at Crisp before the fracas during a pitching change. You gotta think whatever Maddon said to Crisp, and it probably wasn't too friendly, it made his players think they had the green light to open up a can of whoopa on Crisp if things got sporty. You don't often see a manager jawing an opposing player.

Boy did a bunch of guys go after Crisp when he went after Shields! If I'm a player I'm thinking twice about charging the mound when the Rays are in town. These boys will make you pay.

(My enjoyment of baseball brawls makes me feel dirty and childish but I can't help it.)

Regardless, Crisp has shown himself to be a total POS person and yet another reason to hate the Red Sox.

They just played the video of his post-game comments on BBTN, and honestly if I'm the next pitcher to face him I'm tempted to aim higher then Shields did. What a complete p***k.

Archived