Coco Crisp is a piece of --

ChaosLex

So if someone charges the mound it is 1 (+ whoever is on base) v 9?

If someone charges the mound, IMO it oughta be an automatic week's suspension right there. That would be a stop to most of this fake-brawling crap.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing of this all is, I'm sure the Red Sox won't miss Crisp nearly as much as TB is going to miss Gomes/Crawford for the duration of their suspensions.

Exactly! I was thinking this same thing when it happened. A 4th outfielder vs a #1/2 starter, starting DH, and starting CF. Crisp prolly planned t this way! F'n icehole!

And even better, did anyone see where ManRam was going after Youkilis a couple innings later?

Maybe they were arguing about whether you back up a teammate even if he is an embarrassment to the team's uniform, baseball-in-general, and the entire human race.

Exactly! I was thinking this same thing when it happened. A 4th outfielder vs a #1/2 starter, starting DH, and starting CF. Crisp prolly planned t this way! F'n icehole!

It would explain why afterwards he was grinning like the cat that caught the mouse, and that sickening post game interview of his.

If someone charges the mound, IMO it oughta be an automatic week's suspension right there. That would be a stop to most of this fake-brawling crap.

While I agree that most of it is usually glorified pushing matches, this definitely wasn't a fake-brawl. :D

This kind of thing is perfectly acceptable strategy.

In 1895!

What's next, Crisp sitting in the dugout with a file, sharpening his spikes to a razor's edge? Getting Mike Lowell to grab the runner's belt when he's tagging up on a sac fly? Cutting from first to third without bothering with second? Fistfights with the ump?

Hit 'em where they ain't...or barring that, just hit 'em when they ain't lookin'!!

Crisp clearly planned the charge...I doubt he's clever enough to have calculated the rest of it.

That's ok... everyone who gets suspended will appeal, and then drop their appeals at various convenient times so neither team will feel any sort of repercussions from this... (Fines?!? Ha!).

But yeah, that post-game news conference was something....ugh.

That's ok... everyone who gets suspended will appeal, and then drop their appeals at various convenient times so neither team will feel any sort of repercussions from this... (Fines?!? Ha!).

Anybody seen a link on the presser yet?

Maybe they were arguing about whether you back up a teammate even if he is an embarrassment to the team's uniform, baseball-in-general, and the entire human race.

Apparently you may be right. I just heard this from a friend and didn't ask for a source, but supposedly Youkilis was yelling at Manny for being late getting out on the field for the brawl.

Or how about something that hurts the team? That will make it stop.

Example- a player who charges the mound will forfeit his at-bats. His team gets an automatic out for that batting slot for the rest of the game. If it is past the midway point add the next game too.

For a pitcher that is headhunting-

If an umpire judges that a pitcher was throwing at a hitter intentionally- the team loses the DH for the rest of the game and the pitcher who threw at the hitter must remain in the game as a hitter.

Apparently you may be right. I just heard this from a friend and didn't ask for a source, but supposedly Youkilis was yelling at Manny for being late getting out on the field for the brawl.

I heard that this morning as well, I believe it was on XM radio on MLB Home Plate.

Oh, Crisp is getting fined. If MLB looks at the whole series of events and statements I bet he is fined his game checks for the duration of the suspension, which will be a pretty long time.

Or how about something that hurts the team? That will make it stop.

Example- a player who charges the mound will forfeit his at-bats. His team gets an automatic out for that batting slot for the rest of the game. If it is past the midway point add the next game too.

For a pitcher that is headhunting-

If an umpire judges that a pitcher was throwing at a hitter intentionally- the team loses the DH for the rest of the game and the pitcher who threw at the hitter must remain in the game as a hitter.

That last thing I want to do is give more responsiblity to the umps. All MLB has to do is give a serve suspension to Crisp. Fine the team, manager, and Coco. Give both the manager and player a 1 long suspension as well.

I'm guessing the conversation went like this...

YOUKILIS: Manny, where were you? Do you even know how to fight?

RAMIREZ: Sure do! (whacks Youkilis in the face)

Archived