What Will The Orioles Do With Wade Miley?

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that both Miley and Tillman are below replacement-level starters, but the O's don't have any replacement-level starters available in the minors.  Mike Wright is the most plausible replacement but he's still on the DL.  I guess Jayson Aquino would be the next-best qualified option.  

I don't understand why Duquette didn't make more of an effort to get Doug Fister,  The O's have been in this quandary for several weeks.  Perhaps not signing Fister is a sign that Duquette has given up on the season, regardless of what he says about the O's being buyers at the deadline--I guess we'll see in the next few weeks.  

3 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

The problem is that both Miley and Tillman are below replacement-level starters, but the O's don't have any replacement-level starters available in the minors.  Mike Wright is the most plausible replacement but he's still on the DL.  I guess Jayson Aquino would be the next-best qualified option.  

I don't understand why Duquette didn't make more of an effort to get Doug Fister,  The O's have been in this quandary for several weeks.  Perhaps not signing Fister is a sign that Duquette has given up on the season, regardless of what he says about the O's being buyers at the deadline--I guess we'll see in the next few weeks.  

I'd just like to say Fister has had two starts, gone 11 innings and has a WHIP of 1.545.  And that is with a K rate of 9.0.

4 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Please just get rid of this guy.  I'd rather Alec Asher start than him!  Or even Ubaldo!

I can't stand that this waste of roster space was traded for!!!

If it makes you feel better think of it as Miley for Gallardo and Miranda for Smith.

On 6/29/2017 at 1:39 PM, PressBoxOnline said:

The Orioles will have to make a decision on Wade Miley in the next few weeks, and the left-hander's performance against the Blue Jays June 28 didn't make things any easier. 

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2017/06/29/what-will-the-orioles-do-with-wade-miley

Keep trotting him out there just like the other pitching dumpster fires.

They don't have any other real choices unless DD trades for another dumpster fire pitcher.

2 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Bad time to point out the outstanding year the Miranda is having for Seattle? League is only hitting .214 against him in 99 innings.

It's a great time to point it out.   You've mentioned several times in the past that Miranda was outperforming Miley, and I said it was too soon to judge and I'd wait until more data was in.    At this point, the verdict is in, so far as I'm concerned.    This team would be infinitely better off with Miranda.    I can't believe how poor this organization seems to be at evaluating its own minor leaguers.     

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It's a great time to point it out.   You've mentioned several times in the past that Miranda was outperforming Miley, and I said it was too soon to judge and I'd wait until more data was in.    At this point, the verdict is in, so far as I'm concerned.    This team would be infinitely better off with Miranda.    I can't believe how poor this organization seems to be at evaluating its own minor leaguers.     

That's a lot better!

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's a lot better!

Yeah, infinitely is a lot.   But it's not just the ERA, it's the innings Miranda is giving his team, far in excess of any of our starters other than Bundy.     

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, infinitely is a lot.   But it's not just the ERA, it's the innings Miranda is giving his team, far in excess of any of our starters other than Bundy.     

It is kinda sad that someone with a 5.13 FIP can be seen as a huge upgrade.  I'm not at all sure that Miranda is actually good.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

It is kinda sad that someone with a 5.13 FIP can be seen as a huge upgrade.  I'm not at all sure that Miranda is actually good.

As you know, I do look at FIP but I don't wholeheartedly buy into it, either.    For me it's a yellow flag, not a red one.   

Just now, Frobby said:

As you know, I do look at FIP but I don't wholeheartedly buy into it, either.    For me it's a yellow flag, not a red one.   

I don't think you can have long term success in this league with a K rate in the 6's and a walk rate in the 3's.

But for this year?  He'd be an improvement.

4 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

For every "ridiculous" trade I can tell you about some good or great pick ups Duquette has had....it evens out..

We have needed an upgrade to our rotation since Dan got here, and what has he done to address this issue? 

Archived