Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Bill Plunkett ✔@billplunkettocr

Well, that didn't go well. Walker Buehler faced 5 batters, retired none. Pulled after 29 pitches in AAA debut. 3 walks, 2 singles #Dodgers

8:29 PM - 20 Jul 2017

Ok sell now Dodgers!

Yup! Even though he stinks we will take him off your hands because that's the kind of people we are. ?

3 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Yup! Even though he stinks we will take him off your hands because that's the kind of people we are. ?

LOL

Well it was 3 walls and 2 Singles and perhaps a case of the nerves. What it does for the trade is places doubt on him to be able to help the Dodgers in some capacity this year. IMO , it makes it a little easier for the Dodgers to part with him

if im a conspiracy theorist, Os scouts wanted to see him and was pulled partially because he's about to be dealt. 29 pitches sounds light only because he was struggling.

31 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

LOL

Well it was 3 walls and 2 Singles and perhaps a case of the nerves. What it does for the trade is places doubt on him to be able to help the Dodgers in some capacity this year. IMO , it makes it a little easier for the Dodgers to part with him

if im a conspiracy theorist, Os scouts wanted to see him and was pulled partially because he's about to be dealt. 29 pitches sounds light only because he was struggling.

Five batters and no extra-base hits? We'll take that from a starter!

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Bill Plunkett ✔@billplunkettocr

Well, that didn't go well. Walker Buehler faced 5 batters, retired none. Pulled after 29 pitches in AAA debut. 3 walks, 2 singles #Dodgers

8:29 PM - 20 Jul 2017

Ok sell now Dodgers!

1st full year back from TJ.  Don't teams not let P's throw 30 pitches in an inning in the minors?  Especially off injury.  

It is going to come down to Astros and Dodgers I believe. Who will give up the extra piece.  

Astros Martes Hernandez and Moran or Mates Fisher and Mccurry

Dodgers Alvarez Stewart and Oaks or Buehler Lux Oaks.

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

1st full year back from TJ.  Don't teams not let P's throw 30 pitches in an inning in the minors?  Especially off injury.  

This is true and not exclusive to only guys recovering fromTJS. I know the Cubs will only allow any of their minor league pitchers to throw so many pitches in one inning before they pull them.

7 hours ago, bpilktree said:

It is going to come down to Astros and Dodgers I believe. Who will give up the extra piece.  

Astros Martes Hernandez and Moran or Mates Fisher and Mccurry

Dodgers Alvarez Stewart and Oaks or Buehler Lux Oaks.

Not interested in Alvarez anymore. In the Dodgers deal I'd ask for  one top 100 prospect Buehler is 17 based on BB America. I didn't consider Oaks who is at AAA with a 3.75 on the season. It would certainly be a guy you could try to promote now. He pitched 150 last year between three levels and then made the jump from A+ to AA this season. He probably at a 160-165 Innings limit which is likely fine for the rest of the year. Guess I wouldn't mind Lux either. I. Your case I'd pick your poison.

I expect the value to be two top 100 guys plus or 1 top 100 guy and perhaps 3 others looking at Chapman + the extra year of control.

Id be happy adding White to you deal with Buehler! I'd want to be sure Lux is projected to stick at SS or 2B

Just for the record, BA came out with some of their organization top 10 lists and here's the Dodgers so you can better understand the value of the players you're hoping for.

Dodgers' Top 10

1.Walker Buehler

2.Alex Verdugo

3.Yadier Alvarez

4.Willie Calhoun

5.Yusniel Diaz

6.Mitch White

7.Jeren Kendall

8.Dustin May

9.Brock Stewart

10.Will Smith

20 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Houston may have better (and more) pitching prospects and are also a very interested party.  I'm surprised no one's focusing on them here.  Maybe I've just missed the related posts.

I keep seeing that the Dodgers are reluctant to offer many of their best prospects.  Regardless, I prefer Astro arms and would love to grab 3 of the following: Martes, Paulino, Whitley, Perez.  Perhaps that's asking too much.  Then there's OF Tucker (#27).  Lot of young guys but this is what you expect when rebuilding.  Not many infielders listed as top prospects in Houston's farm affiliates. 

That would be the kind of haul Manny might not even get you right now.

10 more days till the deadline. This thread is going to be 100 pages. I think it's going to be a waiting game. The Astros and Dodgers are in no hurry to trade for him. It actually makes sense for them to see him pitch 5 more times. 

The only way he goes before the deadline is if he goes to someone in a tight race. Like Milwaukee, Chicago, Arizona, Colorado or the AL WC contending teams. The teams with the big leads can afford to wait. 

Archived