Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tony-OH said:

Or it's the truth. Say what you want about him, but the guy doesn't just make stuff up and he's as connected as anyone.

Honestly, in a situation where its Britton, I'm sort of happy that we're being sticklers about the price. He had a histroric season last year and is one of the better relievers in the game. Even with some ups and downs right now, he's showing terrific velocity and the stuff is clearly still there. I would want to make sure we get a big haul too. If we aren't getting a top end prospect back then we are selling very low.

7 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Yeah I thought he gave permission already and Dan can do whatever he wants. Guess not. 

4 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

No, he gave him permission to seek out trades for the pen arms and expirings.

I don't think we really know whether any further clearance from Peter is needed.    I tend to doubt it is, both because Peter doesn't really know anything about minor league prospects, and because the timing of deadline deals doesn't really allow time for serious consultation.    But who knows?

Just now, MDtransplant757 said:

Is he good though?

97 IP, 92 K's, 38 BB's, 3.41 ERA, 1.26 WHIP in AA.

Actually looks decent to me. Maybe a potential rotation option before long? Back end of course.

Archived