Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

97 IP, 92 K's, 38 BB's, 3.41 ERA, 1.26 WHIP in AA.

Actually looks decent to me. Maybe a potential rotation option before long? Back end of course.

Not considered a top 30 prospect by MLB.com, but the stats look good for a 23-year old in AA.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

How do the Orioles have any international slot money left.  

Stats don't look half bad. I must be missing something. 124IP with 132Ks and 32 walks in combined A ball last year. Now in AA with a 3.41 ERA, 91Ks to 38BBs in 92 IP. Whip is 1.26, was 0.92 in A ball. 

4 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Is he good though?

Sounds pretty intriguing at least...

Ramirez broke out in a big way in his first season with the Yankees. He started his season in Low-A Charleston and finished in the Florida State League with Tampa. He made 11 starts at each stop and posted the best numbers of his young career. Despite a losing record — 7-9 — he recorded a combined 2.82 ERA, 0.92 WHIP and a 132-to-32 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 129 1/3 innings.

He continued his progress this season, converting it into his first All Star appearance above rookie ball. The Eastern League All-Star is having a fine season, continuing to improve his arsenal.

“I feel most comfortable throwing the fastball, still being able to locate that the best,” Ramirez said. “My changeup is improving every day.”

Ramirez has three main pitches: a low-90s fastball, a slider and the ever-improving changeup. None are elite, but Ramirez has learned how to make them work.

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/yankees/yankees-pitching-prospect-yefry-ramirez-name-need-know/

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The fact the Peter Angelos still has to be involved in deadline deals tells us everything we need to know about how and why things that come to deadlines rarely work out well for the Orioles. 

If it's true.   Rosenthal despises Angelos and will say anything negative about him that he can.

Archived