Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Going Underground said:

Agreed. But Angelos did want him gone from the Sun and was using some pull.

When has Rosenthal ever made up anything about the Orioles?  I am aware of fans blasting him for being biased against Angelos but I can't remember at any point in time when it was proven that he was wrong or made things up in any of his reports/stories.

1 minute ago, TonySoprano said:

I'm maybe renting, but certainly not buying, this from Rosenthal.  If no deal is done once again it's Angelos the villain in Rosenthal's next piece.  How would Peter know, in advance, what a "big haul" is?  Plus, and I could very well be wrong, I don't think Peter is as hands-on as in years past.

Mr. Angleos celebrated his 87th birthday quietly on July 4th 2017.

Just now, TonySoprano said:

I'm maybe renting, but certainly not buying, this from Rosenthal.  If no deal is done once again it's Angelos the villain in Rosenthal's next piece.  How would Peter know, in advance, what a "big haul" is?  Plus, and I could very well be wrong, I don't think Peter is as hands-on as in years past.

Why would Rosenthal and Cutillo both report that Angelos is involved at this point? Now maybe one is pulling from the other, but it makes sense to me. Doesn't mean Peter will do the evaluation, but ti certainly follows his M.O. that he must finalize all major deals. There's a reason Chris Davis has that huge contract and it's not because Duquette wanted to give it to him.

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Isn't this the 2nd time we've given the Yankees int'l slots?  Allowing them to sign more players hurts us.  Don't they see that long term.  

The fact that the Orioles keep giving away international slots brings about a few feelings for me...I already have little confidence in their ability to scout internationally and develop players (althought it's gotten marginally better over the last few years), but I can't help but wonder if they're trading them away because they also have no confidence in their international scouting/development...

1 minute ago, LAOSfan said:

When has Rosenthal ever made up anything about the Orioles?  I am aware of fans blasting him for being biased against Angelos but I can't remember at any point in time when it was proven that he was wrong or made things up in any of his reports/stories.

I don't think it is so much making things up, but turning every situation including the Orioles into a shot at Peter Angelos, who he despises. 

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

What I was told by a pretty good source who is real close to Ken. Real close.

I'm not doubting that it happened, I just said that it ended up working out just fine for Ken and that Ken doesn't make things up to get back at him. that would be unprofessional and although he very well may dislike/hate Angelos, he's too much of a professional to make things up about him.

3 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

And gave up a good prospect to get him.

Yeah I was trying to think of a comp we have for him but we don't have any good players that we signed out of DR.  Granted he was signed for like a happy meal in terms of money for a player down there.  Only cost 20k

Archived