Colorado Interested in Bundy/Gausman

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

But he's not a true first baseman and we have three of them. ?

Doesn't matter, there's no where else to play him and he's done solid there so far. No reason to trade for one.

3 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Doesn't matter, there's no where else to play him and he's done solid there so far. No reason to trade for one.

Actually, Desmond is playing LF.  Sarge is the Rockies first baseman.

15 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Actually, Desmond is playing LF.  Sarge is the Rockies first baseman.

They just called up Tapia recently and have Blackmon and CarGo in the OF. If he has been playing there, it won't be for long. When they signed him it was to play 1B because they also had David Dahl who is now hurt playing out in the OF too.

Just now, Number5 said:

Yes, I know they have Mark Reynolds. But he isn't going to be starting there long with Desmond now back and healthy. He fractured his hand to start the year and Dahl got hurt putting Desmond back in the OF. Now that they called up Tapia (he isn't going to be out of the lineup long, he's a stud), and Desmond is healthy they aren't going to sit a 20M guy in Desmond.

CarGo-Blackmon-Tapia 

Arenado-Story-lemahaui-Desmond

Whoever at catcher (most likely Tom Murphy long term).

So yes, Desmond will be there at 1B. They aren't going to block one of their best prospects like Tapia. They aren't going to trade for another 1B.

4 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Yes, I know they have Mark Reynolds. But he isn't going to be starting there long with Desmond now back and healthy. He fractured his hand to start the year and Dahl got hurt putting Desmond back in the OF. Now that they called up Tapia (he isn't going to be out of the lineup long, he's a stud), and Desmond is healthy they aren't going to sit a 20M guy in Desmond.

CarGo-Blackmon-Tapia 

So yes, Desmond will be there at 1B. They aren't going to block one of their best prospects like Tapia. They aren't going to trade for another 1B.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/padres-vs-rockies/2017/07/18/491501#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=491501

3 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

CarGo-Blackmon-Tapia 

As a Denver resident, I'll just provide two cents here: Most of what you say is what the Rockies would prefer, except that CarGo is having his worst year ever.  He's become a black hole in the middle of that lineup.  His struggles have opened up playing time for Tapia, and which allows Reynolds (20 HRs) to stay at first.  Desmond is the defacto LF'er for the time being, at least until Reynolds slumps badly and Dahl is healthy.  

So, to the original post, the Rockies bullpen has become a very suspect bridge to Holland (who's having a standout year at closer).  Ottavino, Lyles, Oberg, Qualls and Dunn are all potential blow ups on any given evening.  There's no doubt in my mind that the Rox are seeking at least one, if not more, key bullpen acquisition.

The only thing that probably dents that is how much talent do the Rox give up to guarantee participation in a one-game wild card tilt?  Because they aren't catching the Dodgers for the division title...

33 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Ok, you are either just trying to mess with me at this point or something.

Long term, Mark Reynolds is not their 1B. They have had injuries pop up which have required Desmond to not play 1b. Long term, Desmond is very likely the 1b there. This whole conversation started up talking about if they needed a 1B because they only have Reynolds short term. They don't, because they have Desmond who can and will play there with a healthy OF.

Keep positing box scores, doesn't change the fact of the matter that if Dahl is healthy, Tapia is up, Blackmon is healthy, etc. that Desmond is not playing in the OF and Reynolds is not starting over him (although he is on a hot streak so far this year and mashing right now) long term.

22 minutes ago, LarryBigbie said:

I was speaking to an area Rockies scout in April, jokingly said I'd give him Gausman for David Dahl. He responded "In a heartbeat. All that kid (KG) needs is a change of scenery."

I love Dahl but his injuries are worrisome. Would love him in a package though.

It is true though, Coors may not be great but if Gausman could get moved I think he is a lot more consistent. I don't see him being Arrieta or anything but a solid #2/good #3 I could definitely see. That's valuable when he has control.

8 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Ok, you are either just trying to mess with me at this point or something.

Long term, Mark Reynolds is not their 1B. They have had injuries pop up which have required Desmond to not play 1b. Long term, Desmond is very likely the 1b there. This whole conversation started up talking about if they needed a 1B because they only have Reynolds short term. They don't, because they have Desmond who can and will play there with a healthy OF.

Keep positing box scores, doesn't change the fact of the matter that if Dahl is healthy, Tapia is up, Blackmon is healthy, etc. that Desmond is not playing in the OF and Reynolds is not starting over him (although he is on a hot streak so far this year and mashing right now) long term.

Reynolds is on a one-year deal, I believe.  I agree that he probably is not their first baseman next season... But as long as he's hitting the long ball every 15-20 ABs, he's a lock to stay there this season..

Just now, jjnono said:

Reynolds is on a one-year deal, I believe.  I agree that he probably is not their first baseman next season... But as long as he's hitting the long ball every 15-20 ABs, he's a lock to stay there this season..

For sure. I'm talking long term as we were talking about if they had interest in any of our 1B types.

Archived