Tim Kurkjian's comment of Tillman.

WietersCorner

• 8 years later...

He will be the future ACE of the Orioles' staff. ) :clap3: ) It is nice to see Tillman start getting some national attention, and people like Tim Kurkjian believe he is ace material.

8 years later, Kurkjian is looking pretty good right now.

Tillman was one of my "ORIGINAL BIG TEN" from 2009 ...... Tillman, Bergesen, Berken, and Hernandez were the 4 "AA Boys" at that time that anchored an excellent staff at AA-Bowie the previous season (2008). Between the 4 of them, they racked up 48 wins and 5 complete games with 3 shutouts in the 5-month season that year.

OFFNY's Original Big Ten from 2009 O) http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/122486-OFFNY-s-Original-Big-Ten-from-2009

Tillman

Matusz

Arrietta

Spoone

Olson

Rotation of 2011

Our Calvary:

Matusz

Britton

Arrieta

David Hernandez

Olson

Then there was:

Bergesen

Berken

Spoone

I remember when people would not agree to trade any of those guys, claiming they were all future aces. Reality is that the majority of guys in the minors never make it to the majors. Up until he figured it out with Chicago, none of these guys really solidifed themselves as a legit starter other than Tillman. Britton has done well in the pen.

Be aware, Brian Matusz is starting for the Cubs now in AAA. First game 5 innings, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K's. This might haunt us. We could have flipped Matusz for a big haul before 2010 when he was the #5 prospect in all of baseball.

Our Calvary:

Matusz

Britton

Arrieta

David Hernandez

Olson

Then there was:

Bergesen

Berken

Spoone

I remember when people would not agree to trade any of those guys, claiming they were all future aces. Reality is that the majority of guys in the minors never make it to the majors. Up until he figured it out with Chicago, none of these guys really solidifed themselves as a legit starter other than Tillman. Britton has done well in the pen.

Be aware, Brian Matusz is starting for the Cubs now in AAA. First game 5 innings, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K's. This might haunt us. We could have flipped Matusz for a big haul before 2010 when he was the #5 prospect in all of baseball.

Sir_Loin! It's good to see you back! Any tidbits on the trade front that your sources are privy to?

Our Calvary:

Matusz

Britton

Arrieta

David Hernandez

Olson

Then there was:

Bergesen

Berken

Spoone

If Matusz becomes a half-decent starting pitcher, my head may just explode.

Archived