Trade Deadline Pool

DirtyBird

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

It's just a silly guess - nothing to take too serious. But, just because that is where the internet ranks prospects doesn't necessarily mean that is how scouts value them.

And, we have seen Brach close.

Again, Perez is a nice piece. I have a hard time believing him getting dealt for a solid prospect straight up considering he's one of the better setup men on the market with control though. This isn't a rental.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ISU94 said:

Regardless, one solid prospect who has over 5 BB per 9 for Brach? Come on. The guy has potential and has some good stuff but if he can't hone in on his control the guy is destined for the bullpen.

I guess we'll see if/when he gets traded. I could see Brach netting a high-level SP prospect plus a low-level prospect of some sort. 

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

I guess we'll see if/when he gets traded. I could see Brach netting a high-level SP prospect plus a low-level prospect of some sort. 

That's what I expect. Not sure about an SP or not but I expect one prettys solid prospect and a lower level spect or two.

1 hour ago, Lucky_13 said:

I wish. I don't want them to buy but I think they will

5.5 games out of the WC and 5 under .500.. DD would have to be nuts to think we have a chance at a playoff spot. 

Is it possible DD is getting revenge at the O's because they didn't let him get that Toronto job?  He hasn't made 1 good trade, he traded away prospects for Parra type players. He has been cancer to the O's.  With the O's slipping everyday out of the race he won't make any trades so far to improve the O's future.  It looks like he is going to let Machado, Britton and others walk with nothing in return. He is capable to cripple the O's before he leaves.  

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

Is it possible DD is getting revenge at the O's because they didn't let him get that Toronto job?  He hasn't made 1 good trade, he traded away prospects for Parra type players. He has been cancer to the O's.  With the O's slipping everyday out of the race he won't make any trades so far to improve the O's future.  It looks like he is going to let Machado, Britton and others walk with nothing in return. He is capable to cripple the O's before he leaves.  

He'd never sniff another job in MLB.

3 hours ago, MDK02 said:

5.5 games out of the WC and 5 under .500.. DD would have to be nuts to think we have a chance at a playoff spot. 

I know this much. I put no stock in anything he says. And I am not trying to rip him in saying that. 

6 hours ago, ISU94 said:

Brach is one of the best RP's that isn't a closer on the market. Hector Perez is their #13 prospect. David Phelps got the Mariners #6 prospect, one in the teens, and one in the 20's and Phelps isn't as good as Brach. Brach can also close in a pinch if need be. 

Hector Perez has a good k rate and percentages but he also has 50 walks in 86 IP. That is a worry. 

Brach for Moran, Alcala & Rogelio Armenteros

16 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

You can't advertise you're having a fire sale even if that is what you're planning to do.  I'll be waiting anxiously until the 31st. 

There is a part of me that can't wait until it is over.  5 long days. 

16 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

There is a part of me that can't wait until it is over.  5 long days. 

All of me can't wait until it's over.    I prefer to focus on the games.    I don't mind discussing trades that actually happen but the endless speculation bores me.

Archived