That was special

Cumberbundy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, joelala said:

I only saw the last inning, but am elated right now.  Did he just have all of his pitches and perfect location all night?  How much did the D help him out?  What an amazing stat-line.  Wish I'd been able to watch it!

It was an easy night for the fielders considering he struck out almost half of the batters he faced, and the other half never even really hit the ball hard. 

Just now, MurphDogg said:

Law questioned sending him out in the 9th with a four run lead. I question it too. They are managing his innings and giving him extra rest, why have him throw his career high number of pitches?

Extra days rest. They are going to keep doing it. 

My point is how he says Buck ran him into ground last year and this year. If so they how in the hell has he been so good last month? 

Apologies if this isn't thread worthy, my enthusiasm gets the best of me at times, delete or move of course if needed. This is something special, the streak and a near no hitter for our young ace in the making who has battled so much to get here. Goose bumps! With so much sadness in the news this was really uplifting, it's great to have a community to share the enthusiasm with!

Go O's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Direction on the 90 degrees of the field.  
    • I was listening to a Fox Sports Radio broadcast (sorry, can't remember who it was). They put the teams into tiers. The O's were in the top tier along with the Yankees, Dodgers and Phillies. I don't know how long it's been that during the season, someone would have called us top tier. And to think, this is happening with two of our starters out for the year and Bradish and Kremer have spent time on the IL. We are doing this with Hays, Mullins, Urias and Santander starting the season on an extreme slump. We have done this with Mateo starting almost every day (which most people thought would be a horrible thing). We have done this with a bullpen that has been very inconsistent. Imagine if we get some of this stuff fixed and some people back to just playing to their career averages. 
    • I'm not sure what we are doing with Vieira. I figured the trade was about the prospect and they had to take him and his salary to make it happen. I expected him to be DFA right away and they would try to send him to the minors to work on him. 
    • What would differentiate them? 
    • Btw, in the 4 game series against the Jays last year (July 31-Aug. 3rd), it is insane that Mountcastle hit for an .846(!) avg with an OPS of 1.932!  
    • Vieira doesn’t have options.  
    • May 2024 This month, two non-prospects were obvious choices for MiL Plsyer and Pitcher of the Month: Player of the Month 28-year old Daniel Johnson led the org in SLG, OPS, HR (tie) and RBI.  He hit .350/.439/.725 with 6 HR and 23 RBI pm In the prospect division, I’m going with 19-year old Leandro Arias, .333/.400/.667 with 3 HR and 13 RBI in 16 games.   Honorable mentions to Ellis Cuevas at .992 OPS, Heston Kjerstad .964 with 14 RBI in 16 games after returning to the minors, and Stiven Acevedo at .953.   Pitcher of the Month In between stinking up the major leagues, 27-year old Jonathan Heasley pitched 16 scoreless innings with an 0.813 WHIP. In the prospect division, 21-year old Edgar Portes pitched to an 0.42 ERA in 20.2 innings, with an 0.919 WHIP and 11.8 K/9.   Honorable mentions: Eccel Correa 0.96 ERA in 18.2 IP, and Trey Gibson with a 1.76 ERA, 1.044 WHIP, and 15.3 K/9 in 15.1 IP.  
  • Popular Contributors