You Don't Finish Last...

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with “this team just quit”... partly I think players see ownership is not willing to help in the pitching.. ownership hopes enough players have a stellar breakout season to get into the playoffs but never obtain enough proven players to take them any further. Keep the team competitive enough for interest & hope but mostly to put butts in the seats is what they care about..not a WS Championship

You can look at this year and say: it just didn't work out. It's not always going to work out. 

To my mind, Dan has done an amazing job for the most part. He and Buck brought us back to respectability. They might not be the guys to get us to the next level. Who knows? 

To me, it all comes down to starting pitching. We have almost none. Gausman and Bundy are both good young pitchers. I think we need three starters. And at least two more TOR starters to be a real threat again in the East. This whole notion that FA pitchers are risky is just absurd, IMO. All high-priced FA acquisitions are risky. Look at... say... Albert Belle! Josh Hamilton anyone? I could go on. It's not like FA hitters aren't risky, too. 

Enough whining. Dan, go out and sign some pitchers and get us where we need to go. 

Archived