June 8th Vs. Toronto

Palmer Esque

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know we took 2 out of 3, but we should have swept them. No excuses.

Is this a joke? The Orioles came back from a 4-0 eighth inning deficit in game 1, yet there are "no excuses" for blowing a two-run sixth-inning lead in game 3? What are you talking about?

Is this a joke? The Orioles came back from a 4-0 eighth inning deficit in game 1, yet there are "no excuses" for blowing a two-run sixth-inning lead in game 3? What are you talking about?

No it is not a joke. That did not come out right. I meant Albers will have no excuses for blowing the game. This is a game they should have won and I am sure Albers will say that. I am happy with two out of three, but after winning emotionally on Friday, then dominating Saturday, and having the lead today, this was a game that would have been huge to get and I am sure the team will say it is a game they should have one and that they will no excuses for losing it.

No it is not a joke. That did not come out right. I meant Albers will have no excuses for blowing the game. This is a game they should have won and I am sure Albers will say that. I am happy with two out of three, but after winning emotionally on Friday, then dominating Saturday, and having the lead today, this was a game that would have been huge to get and I am sure the team will say it is a game they should have one and that they will no excuses for losing it.

If this was a game they should've won, then Friday was a game they should've lost. It all evens out in the end.

Thanks Albers...great game
I know we took 2 out of 3' date=' but we should have swept them. No excuses.[/quote']

Good grief...

It was a good game, all things considered. Just fell 1 measly run short, that's all.

We took 2 out of 3, and damn near beat Halladay.

So, what do folks do? Complain about not sweeping a series... when people were praying for 1-of-3 coming into it.

Even for a "rebuilding" team, and the teams dont classify themselves as this, this is a tough loss to take even after taking 2 out of three. Blowing a lead in the late innings is tough on any team.

But we are strong and will bounce back. DT will demand it or else heads will roll :)

Good grief...

It was a good game, all things considered. Just fell 1 measly run short, that's all.

We took 2 out of 3, and damn near beat Halladay.

So, what do folks do? Complain about not sweeping a series... when people were praying for 1-of-3 coming into it.

I am not complaining, but it is a game that is tough to lose no matter what is expected of a team. I was not praying for 1 out of 3 coming in. Doing that would not be a good fan, and I am sure the Orioles knew they could win the series coming in, hence so did I.

Even for a "rebuilding" team, and the teams dont classify themselves as this, this is a tough loss to take even after taking 2 out of three. Blowing a lead in the late innings is tough on any team.

But we are strong and will bounce back. DT will demand it or else heads will roll :)

I agree with the overall message of your post. However, to the second part, will they really? Ramon, Freddie and Jay's heads all should have rolled along time ago IMO.

Archived