June 8th Vs. Toronto

Palmer Esque

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jays are a scrappy team just like the O's. We all knew this one was going to be a fight. Somehow we are going to have to get more against Halladay...

Albers just didn't have it today. Let's get a couple more!

Not to harp on it, but I'm pinning this on Trembley. There are two conceivable reasons to lift Liz after 91 pitches, and 7 set down in a row.

(1) We have to protect the kid, if he relinquishes a lead his team just earned, it'll bust his confidence

(2) Our bullpen is good, let them do it

A BP stays good by not being overused. Liz is going to make screw-ups, you have to let him.

Not to harp on it, but I'm pinning this on Trembley. There are two conceivable reasons to lift Liz after 91 pitches, and 7 set down in a row.

(1) We have to protect the kid, if he relinquishes a lead his team just earned, it'll bust his confidence

A BP stays good by not being overused. Liz is going to make screw-ups, you have to let him.

He made the right decision, Albers pitched terrible

Is Guthrie pitching? Just kidding. Even before Albers gave up 2 runs I thought it was a bad decision to get away from Liz. There was no reason to pull him after 5. Obviously a bad move by DT.

Thats not accurate,it just did not work out. He is young and threw 91 pitches. If this happens again, I bet he does the same things. IT was not a bad decision, sure Albers blew it, but based on his season, it was the right move.

My theory is that 99% of the time, if you're "pinning it" on anybody, then you're harping ;-)

It's completely impossible for DT to do or not-do practically anything without somebody not liking it.

(Not complaining about it: second-guessing the manager is perhaps the largest baseball tradition of all.)

Is Guthrie pitching? Just kidding. Even before Albers gave up 2 runs I thought it was a bad decision to get away from Liz. There was no reason to pull him after 5. Obviously a bad move by DT.

It's not obvious at all. In fact, I think it was the right move. Liz had thrown 91 pitches and had gotten into a couple of stretches where he was all over the place. The ball was up too often. There was no need to further press your luck with him, especially since he got tired in the 6th last time. Let him leave after the 5th with a lead.

Albers has done the job all season. It made perfect sense to bring him in. For once, he didn't get the job done. Not Trembley's fault.

Archived