June 8th Vs. Toronto

Palmer Esque

Has anybody seen AJ make a throw home that wasn't up the 3B line?

(Just curious.)

Good observation. Tapping into my memory bank every thrown I've seen go home has been off towards 3rd.

About the decision to bring in Albers, both options were legitimate. I would've preferred to have seen Liz since he was at 91 pitches and had retired 7 in a row. You can't really fault DT for bringing in a reliever whose been dominant just to be safe though. The fact that Albers struggled sucks but it has no bearing on the wisdom of DT's decision at the time.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's fine and all, but I'd really like to know why people think it was the "right" decision, besides the reasons I mentioned and rebutted.

It wasn't the "wrong" decision just because Albers gave up some runs for once.

Our offense doesn't suck, they just hit for low average and all go into slumps at the same time.

Well, we're 24th in the majors in runs scored. Our offense does suck, no other way to put it.

Evidently, he thought he got what he could out of Liz, and that Albers was the better bet. It's not like it's a complex equation, it's just a judgment call.

I don't see what's especially rebuttable about that, it just didn't work out, that's all.

ps: I think knowing when to yank a guy is maybe the hardest everyday decision of all. Every time, it involves a whole lot of crystal-ball about 2 different P's.

Completely agree, and I'm not down on Trembley. His decision is defensible, I just personally thought he should have gone the other way. :)

Moving on, we need to scratch out a run. Great inning from LC

It looks like the Sunday Swoon is going to continue. Huff, Millar and Scott is our last best chance to score...

This is nothing like our typical "Sunday Swoon". Even if we do lose, we played a damn good game against a pitcher that owns us. I mean, we actually had a pulse today.

It wasn't the "wrong" decision just because Albers gave up some runs for once.

Well, we're 24th in the majors in runs scored. Our offense does suck, no other way to put it.

I don't disagree that our hitters all hit for low average and go into team slumps. The problem is that they do it OFTEN. And that's what makes me think we have a suck offense.

Go O's!

Am I wrong? Or do our pitchers cover first base pretty well? I noticed earlier in the game that Liz was always off like a rocket whenever a ball got put into play.

Go O's!

Well, he better be after seeing how Cabrera fields his position. It should be a focus for the guys in the minors.

I don't disagree that our hitters all hit for low average and go into team slumps. The problem is that they do it OFTEN. And that's what makes me think we have a suck offense.

Not sure about the "do it OFTEN" part.

Seems to me that they were just in a slump for about the last month or so... dunno exactly how long, really.

Meanwhile, their scary pitcher takes a shower... is their mgr scared of Luke? ;-)

Archived