Mancini is a ROY finalist

Frobby

4 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I wasn't posting on the board at the time just lurking, but I was ready to let him split time with Trumbo between DH/1B instead of signing Chris Davis.  I can't prove it, but I remember pitching it to my brother repeatedly. 

I like Mancini, and I'm surely not trying to slight him, an average regular is a good player.  Plus like I said in the other post, if he could change his swing to get more balls in the air, he'd have significantly more upside. He very well may make those changes, he may cut the Ks and increase walks as well, it's just hard to project that. 

A lot of us would have rather given Mancini a shot than sign Davis/Trumbo.

But there sure didn't look like he could get at bats on the big league team last spring.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shawn: Thoughts on graduating prospect from last year Trey Mancini?  I thought for sure I’d see him listed on the article.

1:05
Eric A Longenhagen: We talked about him but ultimately got to this: r/r 1b/dh with no patience means he’s probably due for regression. He’s Trumbo all over again in many ways. Up to you how you value that guy, was a 45 for us

Archived