Winter Meetings 2017

weams

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to ESPN, the Pirates are open to trading Gerrit Cole, and speculate him going to the NYY.

"Why Pittsburgh could send Cole to New York: The Pirates are willing to listen to offers for Gerrit Cole, according to ESPN's Buster Olney. The Yankees and Pirates match up well for potential deals at this juncture, as sources confirm to Olney, and Brian Cashman and Neal Huntington have an extensive trade history. "

This would be awful for the Orioles.  They should be in on Cole.  But of course, they won't be, and will sit back and watch the NYY grab him and widen the gulf even further.  SMH.

3 minutes ago, esmd said:

According to ESPN, the Pirates are open to trading Gerrit Cole, and speculate him going to the NYY.

"Why Pittsburgh could send Cole to New York: The Pirates are willing to listen to offers for Gerrit Cole, according to ESPN's Buster Olney. The Yankees and Pirates match up well for potential deals at this juncture, as sources confirm to Olney, and Brian Cashman and Neal Huntington have an extensive trade history. "

This would be awful for the Orioles.  They should be in on Cole.  But of course, they won't be, and will sit back and watch the NYY grab him and widen the gulf even further.  SMH.

We don't have the prospects to offer for Cole.   The Yankees prospects appear to be pretty good, though I think Yankee prospects are over-hyped a lot.

26 minutes ago, scbalt52 said:

For Jabari Blash, odd, more to this probably to come. I guess just salary dump though.

Speculation is that they are clearing room for Frazier, maybe?    Since they have a need at 2nd and 3rd base, maybe we send them a Schoop/Machado package?     Just kidding...I think!  :)

1 hour ago, weams said:

Interesting. 

Manny is going to be okay either way... He loves BMore and would love to play here his entire career... we'll see if its best for everyone to do something else..

I think hes gone guys. I know Buck is more involved with the FO decisions than most, but he wasnt doing the normal pleading to keep the Star player in town. I.E. "It would be a real blow to our team... he's a leader in our clubhouse... I hope he's here... etc."

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

Yankees traded Headley and Mitchell to San Diego. Return unknown.  Per Joel Sherman (having trouble with link, sorry).

Here's a later version:

https://nypost.com/2017/12/12/yankees-trade-headley-mitchell-to-padres-for-outfielder/

I doubt that the guy San Diego traded, Jabari Bash, who OPSed .675 as the Padres' fifth outfielder, has a long Yankee career ahead of him.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

Here's a later version:

https://nypost.com/2017/12/12/yankees-trade-headley-mitchell-to-padres-for-outfielder/

I doubt that the guy San Diego traded, Jabari Bash, who OPSed .675 as the Padres' fifth outfielder, has a long Yankee career ahead of him.

Yeah had to be just salary dump possibly making room for Frazier like clap said. We'll see, nice salary relief for them I guess, money really matters to them 9_9

But yeah...I saw Jabari Blash and I was like who?...then looked him up and I was still saying...who? xD When he's somehow an all star against all odds for the Yankees though, I won't be surprised.

48 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

Interesting. 

Manny is going to be okay either way... He loves BMore and would love to play here his entire career... we'll see if its best for everyone to do something else..

I think hes gone guys. I know Buck is more involved with the FO decisions than most, but he wasnt doing the normal pleading to keep the Star player in town. I.E. "It would be a real blow to our team... he's a leader in our clubhouse... I hope he's here... etc."

He’s gone I fear. 

Archived