Winter Meetings 2017

weams

1 minute ago, weams said:

Bundy. Gausman and a veteran acquisition or two.  Also said a tremendous amount of interest in both Britton and Machado. Tremendous amount were his words. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

Bundy. Gausman and a veteran acquisition or two.  Also said a tremendous amount of interest in both Britton and Machado. Tremendous amount were his words. 

Good. Both should be traded.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Wow, did he actually use the words "counting on"?   I certainly wouldn't have minded those two guys competing for the #5 spot with a borderline guy like Harvey or Tillman.

What I sure as heck don't want to see is Harvey or Tillman pencilled in at #4 and COUNTING ON those guys to be #5.

Sheesh.

I knew it.  Tillman, Miggy Gonzalez remain as my prediction for the additions to the 2018 starters...and Castro gets the first seat on the Norfolk shuttle,  5 spot. 

21 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I knew it.  Tillman, Miggy Gonzalez remain as my prediction for the additions to the 2018 starters...and Castro gets the first seat on the Norfolk shuttle,  5 spot. 

Ill take that.  Respectfully, I think it is a smart bet, but I think we make at least one trade for someone who bumps that list down.

5 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Ill take that.  Respectfully, I think it is a smart bet, but I think we make at least one trade for someone who bumps that list down.

I hope you are right.  And a trade may make it happen as opposed to two free agent buys only, but we shall see.  

31 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

It will be harder to do a shuttle as Castro, Wright, and Ynoa are out of options.

59 minutes ago, weams said:

I like the sound of tremendous.  If the O's actually pull off trading both of them for decent returns, my outlook on the next couple of seasons will brighten considerably.  

1 minute ago, Tx Oriole said:

Yes they should but Angelos won't allow it to happen. IMO 

Given Manny's projected price tag and unwillingness to negotiate an extension at this stage, I suspect he will.  Just as long as it's not to the Yankees.

4 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Given Manny's projected price tag and unwillingness to negotiate an extension at this stage, I suspect he will.  Just as long as it's not to the Yankees.

I am getting to the point I don't even care where he goes. Sorry but I am so disgusted with all of this. With Angelos, DD and yes Buck too. 

21 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I hope you are right.  And a trade may make it happen as opposed to two free agent buys only, but we shall see.  

So a beer or $5.  Its a bet.  Good luck.  Well actually, not...since your outcome is decidedly what neither of us wants....lol

Archived