Winter Meetings 2017

weams

If we trade Britton, I think O’day would be the best option at closer. Brach needs to pitch regularly to keep the feel off all three pitches. Closing seems like it throws him out of whack. Oday is already getting paid “closer” money. There is no need to artificially inflate Brach and Givens arb figures because they picked up “saves”.  

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If we trade Britton, I think O’day would be the best option at closer. Brach needs to pitch regularly to keep the feel off all three pitches. Closing seems like it throws him out of whack. Oday is already getting paid “closer” money. There is no need to artificially inflate Brach and Givens arb figures because they picked up “saves”.  

Based off what I've seen ...Givens should be the next closer

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Based off what I've seen ...Givens should be the next closer

I agree. But he is about to arbitration. If we give him saves he will become crazy expensive. Plus there is the idea that he’d be more valuable in innings 6-8 rather than pitching exclusively in the 9th inning. 

Id have Brach and Givens as set up men and let O’day gobble up saves. Keep those two pitching regularly. We see how Brach struggled when he wasn’t pitching regularly. 

Camden Chat says, "gather up your pitchforks"!  I believe webrick is leading the charge!  

"The bigger problem is that the Orioles’ true free agent targets this offseason were in the third (and solid) tier: Tyler Chatwood, Miles Mikolas, Mike Fiers and Andrew Cashner.

The only one that is still a free agent is Cashner. The other three quickly were scooped up.

Chatwood, who survived Coors Field to put up respectable overall numbers, signed a three-year, $38 million deal with the Chicago Cubs – that’s more than the Orioles expected to pay.

Mikolas, who returned to the majors after three years in Japan, signed a two-year, $15.5 million contract with the St. Louis Cardinals – that’s more than the Orioles expected to pay."

https://www.camdenchat.com/2017/12/11/16761684/orioles-news-rumors-starting-rotation-scaredy-cats

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree. But he is about to arbitration. If we give him saves he will become crazy expensive. Plus there is the idea that he’d be more valuable in innings 6-8 rather than pitching exclusively in the 9th inning. 

Id have Brach and Givens as set up men and let O’day gobble up saves. Keep those two pitching regularly. We see how Brach struggled when he wasn’t pitching regularly. 

Let d offer him a 4 year deal at 3 per with a couple option years in advance

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I second that. Givens has the stuff and the demeanor.

1 minute ago, kg orioles said:

Would like to see Davis and either Brach or Britton moved to Colorado for major league ready prospects. I think Davis would mash in Coors and they need a closer. O's get payroll help and some prospects. Mancini to first and Hays fills Left.

Who plays RF then? Trumbo I could see being moved to colorado due to less salary. 

1 minute ago, kg orioles said:

Would like to see Davis and either Brach or Britton moved to Colorado for major league ready prospects. I think Davis would mash in Coors and they need a closer. O's get payroll help and some prospects. Mancini to first and Hays fills Left.

If DD can deal Davis they should build him a statue in Legends Park next to Cal and the rest.  

Archived