Decision Checklist for the Orioles

interloper

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Redskins Rick said:

I have a better chance of becoming GM, then somebody not named Angelos owning this team.

Agreed.   I would really like to see what DD would do if he was just given a budget and free reign.   I think he's a pretty shrewd baseball guy.  

32 minutes ago, weams said:

This sounds like a terrible idea.    Brady has no in-game coaching or managerial experience, and he’s just as capable as Buck of going around Duquette to influence Angelos.    Worst of both worlds IMO.

44 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Agreed.   I would really like to see what DD would do if he was just given a budget and free reign.   I think he's a pretty shrewd baseball guy.  

I know he has shown such a shrewd baseball mind when it comes to acquiring starting pitching. Big money, small money, no money, 99% bad. If he comes back, this organization is in big trouble.

Brittany Ghiroli said she would be shocked, if Duquette comes back. Thankfully, that gives me hope.

16 minutes ago, twinedenter said:

I know he has shown such a shrewd baseball mind when it comes to acquiring starting pitching. Big money, small money, no money, 99% bad. 

A very big reason we made the playoffs in 2012 was that Duquette acquired Jason Hammel, Wei-Yin Chen and Miguel Gonzalez, and acquired Joe Saunders for the stretch run.    You really have to give Duquette full credit for those moves.    Chen and Gonzalez were moves that paid off for multiple years and cost us very little money.   

The problem is, Duquette hasn’t made any starting pitching moves since then that have turned out as well.   He did draft Gausman, so I’ll give him that, too.

1 hour ago, weams said:

New owner = Amazon,  Vulcan Capital, CoinDesk Ethereum, etc.

Oh, And maybe Las Vegas, Asheville, Seattle, San Jose, or Montreal. 

I would be happy with that kind of ownership tbh. There really isn't anywhere they can move the team and be profitable. 4 teams claim vegas as a market, LAD, LAA, AD, SD, There is literally nothing in Ashville, and people from charlotte won't leave charlotte to go to games as it's 2 1/2 hours away from Charlotte city limits. Seattle has a team, San Jose won't get a team due to the giants claiming that as their territory. Montreal will probably be one of Tampa or Oakland, or an expansion team. 

1 hour ago, twinedenter said:

I know he has shown such a shrewd baseball mind when it comes to acquiring starting pitching. Big money, small money, no money, 99% bad. If he comes back, this organization is in big trouble.

Brittany Ghiroli said she would be shocked, if Duquette comes back. Thankfully, that gives me hope.

Shocked. SHOCKED!

Archived