Decision Checklist for the Orioles

interloper

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

This sounds like a terrible idea.    Brady has no in-game coaching or managerial experience, and he’s just as capable as Buck of going around Duquette to influence Angelos.    Worst of both worlds IMO.

However, I would agree with DD picking his own guy.

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

However, I would agree with DD picking his own guy.

It’s a screwed up dynamic.    I like Buck as manager better than I like Duquette as GM, but in principle the manager should be selected by the GM and report to him, and not be able to end-run him with the owner.    It’s never been clear to me how much of that really goes on, but there have been enough reports, even though lacking in specifics, where you have to worry that it goes on at least to some extent.  And then you have Brady chirping in PA’s ear as well.  

Just now, Frobby said:

It’s a screwed up dynamic.    I like Buck as manager better than I like Duquette as GM, but in principle the manager should be selected by the GM and report to him, and not be able to end-run him with the owner.    It’s never been clear to me how much of that really goes on, but there have been enough reports, even though lacking in specifics, where you have to worry that it goes on at least to some extent.  And then you have Brady chirping in PA’s ear as well.  

“Screwed up dynamic.” 

Yup

5 hours ago, twinedenter said:

o

I know he has shown such a shrewd baseball mind when it comes to acquiring starting pitching. Big money, small money, no money, 99% bad. If he comes back, this organization is in big trouble.

Brittany Ghiroli said that she would be shocked if Duquette comes back. Thankfully, that gives me hope.

o

3 hours ago, weams said:

o

Shocked ........ SHOCKED !!!

o

o

o

5 hours ago, weams said:

New owner = Amazon,  Vulcan Capital, CoinDesk Ethereum, etc.

Oh, And maybe Las Vegas, Asheville, Seattle, San Jose, or Montreal. 

MLB in Asheville?  Two teams in Seattle?  Three teams in the Bay area?  I don't see any chance for those three.  San Jose, maybe, if they move the A's there someday.  I suppose Vegas and Montreal are possibilities for a MLB team, but I don't see either over Baltimore. 

Asheville?  (To be read with the same intonation as Mora's "Playoffs?")  :D

37 minutes ago, Number5 said:

MLB in Asheville?  Two teams in Seattle?  Three teams in the Bay area?  I don't see any chance for those three.  San Jose, maybe, if they move the A's there someday.  I suppose Vegas and Montreal are possibilities for a MLB team, but I don't see either over Baltimore. 

Asheville?  (To be read with the same intonation as Mora's "Playoffs?")  :D

Ok, Portland. Nashville, New Haven, Elizabeth NJ or Beijing. 

Archived