Could DD be planning on 2 Arms?

pastorfan

This FA pitching crop is pretty underwhelming to me. To sign even any of the second tier guys is probably not smart for us. We just got out from under the Ubaldo disaster, lets not do it again.  I am lifetime Oriole fan, I want to win. But we are NOT winning in 2018. I would be fine with an incentive laden deal for Tillman, and a reasonable short term contract for Vargas. Add in the list of internal suspects and lets go. For Petes Sake (sic) lets make moves for our future.  Lets get younger, more athletic. More team speed. And please, lets invest in the future of the Orioles by looking down the road a little further than 2018.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, theobird said:

This FA pitching crop is pretty underwhelming to me. To sign even any of the second tier guys is probably not smart for us. We just got out from under the Ubaldo disaster, lets not do it again.  I am lifetime Oriole fan, I want to win. But we are NOT winning in 2018. I would be fine with an incentive laden deal for Tillman, and a reasonable short term contract for Vargas. Add in the list of internal suspects and lets go. For Petes Sake (sic) lets make moves for our future.  Lets get younger, more athletic. More team speed. And please, lets invest in the future of the Orioles by looking down the road a little further than 2018.

Good post. Agreed.

2 hours ago, theobird said:

Fer crissakes.

2 hours ago, theobird said:

So you wouldn't sign Cobb for 4 years? Running out the same garbage pitchers year after year won't get the team anywhere. If garbage pitching doesn't work then why keep on doing it? Angelos needs to learn or know it takes good pitchers. The garbage pitchers DD brings in won't work.I really think Angelos has more than enough money for better pitchers.  If small market team like Houston can figure it out and win a World Series then why in the hell cant the O's front office do the same thing? Are they that inept? 

19 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

If small market team like Houston can figure it out and win a World Series then why in the hell cant the O's front office do the same thing? Are they that inept? 

http://www.iweblists.com/us/population/MetropolitanStatisticalAreaPop.html

Baltimore is the 20th ranked US metropolitan area population-wise.  Houston is 6th, more than twice the size of Baltimore. 

1 hour ago, weams said:

Really. The least of my worries. Pitching. Defense. Three-Run Homers.  Not necessarily in that order. 

Weams, it is hard to project a good defensive team without speed especially an OF. Belanger ran pretty well too. Brooksie was slow as hell, but an incredibly quick fist step. A third baseman really needs quickness not speed.

40 minutes ago, theobird said:

Weams, it is hard to project a good defensive team without speed especially an OF. Belanger ran pretty well too. Brooksie was slow as hell, but an incredibly quick fist step. A third baseman really needs quickness not speed.

For the Orioles, half the games are in a bandbox. Hense the attempt to play Adam Jones with two DH"s out there all these seasons. 

Archived