Buck Talk on the Hot Stove Show

Yardball85

I listened to Buck on the Hot Stove Show Last night... gotta love him, sly, funny, witty.  He's great.  A few things that were discussed I wanted to mention and throw out there for the hangout:

1. Roch keeps beating the Ryan Goins drum.  Buck teased him and said it's not the first time he's brought up Goins to him.  I think he'd be a marginal upgrade over Flaherty as a utility guy.  Sure, why not?  Who knows if the Orioles actually have interest though.

2. Buck insinuated that the team is talking to a certain player about contracts and a potential physical, but did not go into details.  

3. Buck said he spoke to a catcher recently and acknowledged the team needs catching depth.

4. Buck, as one would expect, fully expects Machado to be an Oriole on Opening Day.

5.  Buck reiterated the team's refusal to hand out long term deals to pitchers, kind of calling out the Ubaldo contract as an example of something they want to avoid.

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

I listened to Buck on the Hot Stove Show Last night... gotta love him, sly, funny, witty.  He's great.  A few things that were discussed I wanted to mention and throw out there for the hangout:

1. Roch keeps beating the Ryan Goins drum.  Buck teased him and said it's not the first time he's brought up Goins to him.  I think he'd be a marginal upgrade over Flaherty as a utility guy.  Sure, why not?  Who knows if the Orioles actually have interest though.

2. Buck insinuated that the team is talking to a certain player about contracts and a potential physical, but did not go into details.  

3. Buck said he spoke to a catcher recently and acknowledged the team needs catching depth.

4. Buck, as one would expect, fully expects Machado to be an Oriole on Opening Day.

5.  Buck reiterated the team's refusal to hand out long term deals to pitchers, kind of calling out the Ubaldo contract as an example of something they want to avoid.

Thoughts?

You missed the best part.

People have "Short Memories".

But, thanks, nice recap.

Just now, Yardball85 said:

I must have lol.  What context was that said in?  I left work about 15 minutes from the end of the show and stopped listening.

Roch this, this morning in his recap:

Showalter said he isn’t worried about the pace of the offseason. He’s gotten used to it.

“I think a lot of people are having short memories,” he said. “It doesn’t always proceed at the pace that you want it to be. We all want to know about something before it happens. ‘I want to know exactly who our team is. Who’s going to play here? Who’s going to pitch here?’ The game doesn’t always cooperate or work that way.

“You can do a lot of things in November, December that you’re going to regret. There’s a lot of things going on and we’re prepared for it. I think the final product is something we’re going to be proud of.”

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Roch this, this morning in his recap:

“You can do a lot of things in November, December that you’re going to regret. There’s a lot of things going on and we’re prepared for it. I think the final product is something we’re going to be proud of.”

I sure as hell hope so, because what I see is a team that is going to get absolutely DESTROYED by the Yankees lineup.  And Red Sox too.  

Archived