Dan talking "offers and physicals" with a RF target

interloper

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Why do you think we will be so much worse than last year?

We have two major league pitchers and neither are a sure thing. Best party of the bullpen is out for most of the season. Our best player is gone at the end of the season as is jones most likely. You aren’t getting their best play. After that we are worse at almost every position. It’s impossible to look at the current roster or the potential roster after bringing in a few nobodies and say it’s better than the team last year.  I’m not saying it in a negative way but the front office should see the team as is and build for the future not hope for the absolute best case scenario that still won’t get us near the playoffs. 

It just makes too much sense to me. I am a big Jones fan, I love the guy. But at this stage of his career, imo he is a prototype RFer. I think he would rank among the games best RFer's on day one. Cannon arm, excellent range for RF. Less stress on his body. Could keep our team leader around for several more years and be a very productive member of the team in RF.

Just now, MikeAD said:

We have two major league pitchers and neither are a sure thing. Best party of the bullpen is out for most of the season. Our best player is gone at the end of the season as is jones most likely. You aren’t getting their best play. After that we are worse at almost every position. It’s impossible to look at the current roster or the potential roster after bringing in a few nobodies and say it’s better than the team last year.  I’m not saying it in a negative way but the front office should see the team as is and build for the future not hope for the absolute best case scenario that still won’t get us near the playoffs. 

Britton was out most of last year.

It would be hard for whoever we put in the 3/4/5 spots to be worse than Ubaldo, Miley, Gallardo, and H ellickson.

I expect Manny to improve on last year.   Some other guys may regress.

I agree with your main point, we are not likely to contend with the roster we have right now.   But I don't see us getting any worse because most of the guys we have lost were SO bad.

16 minutes ago, interloper said:

He didn't say it was his information. It's public info. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Never said he did. It’s always nice to source when you can. I know sometimes it just slips the mind where you hear something. 

13 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Britton was out most of last year.

It would be hard for whoever we put in the 3/4/5 spots to be worse than Ubaldo, Miley, Gallardo, and Hellickson.

I expect Manny to improve on last year.   Some other guys may regress.

I agree with your main point, we are not likely to contend with the roster we have right now.   But I don't see us getting any worse because most of the guys we have lost were SO bad.

I have faith in Dan and Peter.

2 minutes ago, weams said:

No. I think there is a good chance of Hays spending 40 couple days in the minors. 

I agree.  I think Hays likely comes up after Santander gets his 44 or so days in and loses the rule 5 restrictions and is sent down.

Archived