Possible trade with Yankees that doesn’t involved Manny

millertime

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If we miss on Dyson, I could some Ellsbury rumors starting up. The Yankees would have to eat his whole deal basically. He’s owed 47.3 million over the next two years, with his buyout. So if they gave us 37 million we could give them a guy like Preston Palmeiro. 

If Ellsbury didn't have a no  trade clause he'd have been traded by now. He still plays well when healthy enough to be on the field. Rumor is that he has agreed to accept a trade to a very limited number of teams. I doubt the O's were on his list.

Frazier is a great prospect, but I think this thread is overrating him a bit IMO.  It's basically a coin flip between him and Hays for me.  Frazier has more upside at the plate due to his amazing bat speed, but a lower floor due to his proclivity to strikeout.  They are pretty much equals in the field, above average runners with hustle and plus arms.  

12 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Frazier is a great prospect, but I think this thread is overrating him a bit IMO.  It's basically a coin flip between him and Hays for me.  Frazier has more upside at the plate due to his amazing bat speed, but a lower floor due to his proclivity to strikeout.  They are pretty much equals in the field, above average runners with hustle and plus arms.  

I would not trade Hays for Harvey, Mullins and Stewart, would you?

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I would not trade Hays for Harvey, Mullins and Stewart, would you?

I would, Harvey has similar upside to Hays but is more risky due to lack of innings.  Mullins and Stewart would properly ease my risk concerns, especially since both are relatively near MLB readiness.

13 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I would, Harvey has similar upside to Hays but is more risky due to lack of innings.  Mullins and Stewart would properly ease my risk concerns, especially since both are relatively near MLB readiness.

Yes, I said that backwards.    I’d rather have Harvey, Mullins and Stewart than Hays.    And especially if I already had Hays, I wouldn’t trade those three for Frazier.    

3 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

This thread is DEFINITELY overrating him. 

14 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Rookie status is lost after 130ABs, 50IP, or 60 days on the roster.  If Frazier were still a rookie I'd put him, using BA's last, somewhere between 13 and 18

I.e., in Austin Hays territory which further affirms the belief that he isn't an upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Tryptamine said:

Rookie status is lost after 130ABs, 50IP, or 60 days on the roster.  If Frazier were still a rookie I'd put him, using BA's last, somewhere between 13 and 18

You think he'd have jumped from 49th to 13-18 from mid-season to now? Even with Tatis Jr and Whitley definitely jumping him and only a few graduations.  That seems a bit extreme, what about his profile changed during that time to warrant that?

8 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

You think he'd have jumped from 49th to 13-18 from mid-season to now? Even with Tatis Jr and Whitley definitely jumping him and only a few graduations.  That seems a bit extreme, what about his profile changed during that time to warrant that?

Vastly improved plate discipline. He lowed his K rate at AAA from 28% to 21.6% and raised his BB% from 6.5% to 11.6%.

Archived