Spring Training - Official 2018 Thread

Legend_Of_Joey

Great Roch article with a tone of good info in it.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/02/more-britton-and-bleier-as-pitchers-and-catchers-report.html

“I think that they’re tedious intentionally,” said left-hander Richard Bleier, “so it’s second nature to make those plays and you know what to do so when things speed up on you during a game, it’s like, ‘Oh wow, I did 100,000 ground balls in spring training, so I know what to do with this regardless of the game situation.’

“Usually we’ll go and stretch and we’ll do our throwing program and then guys who are going to throw off the mound will throw and the rest of us will go to one of the fields in the back there behind the stadium and cover first, bunt plays, comebackers. Just the basic stuff. You can only throw so much as a pitcher and we have to be there longer than 10 minutes, so it’s nice. We get our work in and when a play needs to be made in a crucial situation, we’ve done it so many times that it’s second nature.

“We do the bunt plays over and over and over for the one time you actually have to do it in the season, but we do it right and it becomes a really important play where we get that guy out at third and then we get out of the inning with no runs or limiting the damage. And all of a sudden, all the times in spring training that we did those bunt plays just paid off right there on that one play.”

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/9156/perci-garner

Perci Garner underwent surgery on December 7 to repair a small tear in the meniscus in his left knee.
Garner has already thrown two bullpen sessions and says he feels good, so it shouldn't impact him this spring. The 29-year-old signed a minor league deal with the Orioles over the winter after spendin

Archived