Spring Training - Official 2018 Thread

Legend_Of_Joey

With Fan Fest all said and done, the next big day is the start of Spring Training. There are several questions still (who starts, who relieves, what Rule 5's stay, who backs up Joseph at catcher, what happens to the outfield.)

Who all is going, even for a portion? Or, you know, if you live there...Might be fun to see these battles up close and in warmer temperatures.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

With Fan Fest all said and done, the next big day is the start of Spring Training. There are several questions still (who starts, who relieves, what Rule 5's stay, who backs up Joseph at catcher, what happens to the outfield.)

Who all is going, even for a portion? Or, you know, if you live there...Might be fun to see these battles up close and in warmer temperatures.

Not this year.   I'm on an every other year thing right now.   Have a friend in Tampa, me and a Nats fan and a couple of Pirates fans go down and stay at his place and hit some games, in 2015 and 2017.    And visited lots of good beer places which is also a thing we do.   Saw Bundy and Harvey pitch against the Red Sox in 2015, and the O's and Pirates in Bradenton last year.  Both losses.  

If you go to Sarasota, go before the game and get some fried chicken at the Amish place, Yoder's restaurant.   Yes, there is a significant Amish community in Sarasota.   And the chicken is incredible.   They apparently have mutant giant chickens becuase 3 of us got an 8 piece box and couldn't even finish it all when we tailgated before the game.   If I actually me the chicken who was big enough to produce those huge wings, breasts, and thighes when he was alive, I would have feared for my life.  Fantastic. 

If you catch a Pirates game in Bradenton, and you like good beer, be sure to go to Darwin's Brewing right across the street from the 1st base entrance to the ballpark.   One of the best craft brewers I've ever been to, I love their beer.   It's closer to the ballpark than Pickles is to OPACY.

The Red Sox park in Fort Myers is a replica of Fenway, it looks really cool.   Haven't been yet, we will probably try to find an O's or PIrates game there on our 2019 trip so we can see the place.

Hard to believe we're at that point... but there's a game 3 weeks from Friday.   And it's on MASN.  The dam's gotta break on this free agent market really soon.

Geez, now I've got myself wanting to go this year even though it's an even number!

On 1/28/2018 at 12:10 AM, Legend_Of_Joey said:

March 3 through 11

For those arent able to attend:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/01/thirteen-spring-training-games-to-air-on-1057-the-fan.html

105.7 The Fan will again broadcast all 162 Orioles regular season games.

* Friday, Feb. 23 vs. Tampa Bay Rays, 1:05 p.m.
* Saturday, Feb. 24 vs. Minnesota Twins, 6:05 p.m.
* Wednesday, Feb. 28, vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 1:05 p.m.
* Saturday, March 10 vs Pittsburgh Pirates, 1:05 p.m.
* Sunday, March 11 vs. Philadelphia Phillies, 6:05 p.m.
* Wednesday, March 14 vs. New York Yankees, 1:05 p.m.
* Saturday, March 17 vs. Toronto Blue Jays, 1:05 p.m.
* Sunday, March 18 vs. New York Mets, 1:05 p.m.
* Tuesday, March 20 vs. Tampa Bay Rays, 6:05 p.m.
* Wednesday, March 21 at New York Yankees, 6:35 p.m.
* Tuesday, March 22 vs. Boston Red Sox, 1:05 p.m.#
* Saturday, March 24 vs. Minnesota Twins, 6:05 p.m.#
* Sunday, March 25 at Philadelphia Phillies, 1:05 p.m.#
# - includes 30-minute pregame and postgame shows

Archived