Orioles Acquire Catcher

weams

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Fangraphs Depth Charts projects Joseph over Susac in wOBA .288 to .284 (Sisco .311).  They also are projecting a 50/50 split, so however bad news this is for Sisco, it's probably almost as bad news for Joseph.

Susac's 2017 was atrocious though.

I don't see how this is bad news for either one of them. It might be bad new for Wynns. 

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Only 6 on the 40-man + non-roster invitees so far, including Susac.

6? 

Joseph, Wynns, Sisco, Susac, Perez...I count 5.

4 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

There's has been previously mentioned interest in Wynns.  This perhaps allows them to pursue those options a little more.  Especially since it looks like the owners aren't spending anything this off season.

:puke:

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I just can't see the Orioles going into the season with 4 catchers on the 40. 

Well I’ve got some bad news for you.  We will need all of the catchers we can find to fill out the roster when our rotation and bullpen can fit in Bucks Honda Civic. 

8 minutes ago, MikeAD said:

Well I’ve got some bad news for you.  We will need all of the catchers we can find to fill out the roster when our rotation and bullpen can fit in Bucks Honda Civic. 

That or a catcher that doubles as a driver for the shuttle going from Norfolk to Baltimore with all the pitchers they will rotate thru. It'll be like a party bus.

Neither of these guys will provide the production that Castillo gave us last year.  So we are still down relative to our last place team last year in this position. 

And signing this guy is like...."Hey, the house is burning down.   Oh, let's rearrange the furniture in the back bedroom."  

Archived