Call the date. Time and player.

weams

5 hours ago, weams said:

I think they are currently at 129. Maybe not. 

Cot's has us at $121M right now.   That's with only 11 contracts on the books, and with them projecting the other 14 spots to be making the MLB minimum.   So there's some room to add but probably only another $20M or so imo.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Attendance dropped last year and season ticket sales are likely down significantly for this year, all but guaranteeing another drop.

Lower revenue leads to lower payroll after last year's all time high.

Well, it was a last place team. Winning = more fans. Good rotation = winning. Spend the money on the pitching.

3 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

I've thought of a couple of MiLB deals that could happen, but no 40-man signings.   I think those are going to happen from trade.   Here's one of my MiLB signings:  Hector Santiago, Thursday at 3:00PM.

First 40-man:  Danny Salazar and Jason Kipnis, Monday 2/19 as part of a Manny Machado trade.

Would make a lot of sense to make that Machado trade even though Kipnis isn't that young.  I would try for another player or two from the Indians system, maybe one top ten and one top 20, if possible.

Just now, Yardball85 said:

Would make a lot of sense to make that Machado trade even though Kipnis isn't that young.  I would try for another player or two from the Indians system, maybe one top ten and one top 20, if possible.

My thinking was that there would be a player or two that wouldn't need to be on the 40-man, so we're on the same page.

17 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

Spotrac puts Orioles current payroll at $107MM. So $25MM - $40MM could be added.

Cots has the Orioles around $121.5m currently. that's what i was going off of. If the actual number is only $107m, then great!

On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 10:50 AM, Aglets said:

Cot's has us at $121M right now.   That's with only 11 contracts on the books, and with them projecting the other 14 spots to be making the MLB minimum.   So there's some room to add but probably only another $20M or so imo.

The 121 includes the 14 guys making the minimum.  We are  at 111.7 with the 11 major league contracts

Archived