What was our record in games Hays started?

NedFromYork

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

The Orioles were 3-13 in games that Hays started. Most of his starts came in late September when the Orioles' collapse was in full effect and they were limping to the finish line.

Aha, proof!

Of what, I have no idea.  But it's definitely possible proof of something.   

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

I am excited about Austin Hays going forward. I think he's going to be a fine player.If we get another Mancini in RF I'll be thrilled...

I'm excited about Hays, too. But, I think we should keep in mind that while he looked good in September 2017 - he did hit .217, had an OBP of .238, struck out 25% of the time, and posted a -.5 WAR. Limited sample size for sure, but just wanna caution people that he might not be ready to take over RF come Opening Day.

So, I really hope the O's sign Jon Jay. Shouldn't be super expensive, hits from the left side, could hit leadoff if needed. And - if the O's are awful, should bring back a nice depth minor leaguer in a trade, too.

4 minutes ago, theocean said:

I'm excited about Hays, too. But, I think we should keep in mind that while he looked good in September 2017 - he did hit .217, had an OBP of .238, struck out 25% of the time, and posted a -.5 WAR. Limited sample size for sure, but just wanna caution people that he might not be ready to take over RF come Opening Day.

So, I really hope the O's sign Jon Jay. Shouldn't be super expensive, hits from the left side, could hit leadoff if needed. And - if the O's are awful, should bring back a nice depth minor leaguer in a trade, too.

Guess who hit .220 with 30 strike outs in 123 at bats in his first 40 games in the majors. 

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Guess who hit .220 with 30 strike outs in 123 at bats in his first 40 games in the majors. 

My third cousin once removed. At least I'm pretty sure that's the genealogy, I don't have the family tree in front of me. 

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hmmm, Adrian Beltre? I remember it like yesterday. The year was nineteen-ninety-eight when The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell in a Cell, and plummeted 16ft through an announcer's table.

Archived