Colby Rasmus (Update: O's sign him to minor league deal)

Going Underground

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

If its a joke, then nothing ventured nothing gain, silly ST test drive, DFA him and be done with him. Small risk.

But, what if?

My issue with it is that this more than likely eradicates the chances of signing a better veteran LH OF. 

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I dont think it does, if somebody truly comes along and at the right price, DD will scoop him up.

I think Colby's hip is a big question mark.

I hope you're right. It does seem like a good no risk move and also one that allows the team to evaluate not only Rasmus but more time to fringe 40-man roster guys. Eventually Wright and/or Ynoa will be DFA'd so we know at least one spot will open up for Rasmus if they decide he still has something left. 

I know I'm in the minority by a long shot but I've been holding out hope of a Gonzalez signing. This Rasmus move seemingly puts an end to that hope.

1 minute ago, oriole said:

I hope you're right. It does seem like a good no risk move and also one that allows the team to evaluate not only Rasmus but more time to fringe 40-man roster guys. Eventually Wright and/or Ynoa will be DFA'd so we know at least one spot will open up for Rasmus if they decide he still has something left. 

I know I'm in the minority by a long shot but I've been holding out hope of a Gonzalez signing. This Rasmus move seemingly puts an end to that hope.

I think Cargo is a good bounce back candidate. I would've liked him or Jay and I'm not sure either is likely at this point.

2 minutes ago, oriole said:

Not sure the Orioles have even kicked the tires on Cargo.

At this point, I like every move that has been made, if taken individually. I think each one has been important to building a good team.

The biggest gap is still SP and I am praying that one of the top guys falls into our lap. By all accounts it seems like they aren't going that direction. I feel like if they did, this would be a really great off season for Dan. Without that though, I will still be disappointed/concerned that they are wanting to do just enough to seem relevant. 

Archived