Place yer bets! (aka, the Pete Rose thread)

Moose Milligan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/22/2018 at 11:34 PM, Moose Milligan said:

Everything from wins to the amount of times Chris Davis strikes out looking, let's make some friendly wagers (no money, I'm watching you @Frobbyand @Roy Firestone) on the upcoming season.

I will start with team stolen bases.  Last year, the Orioles as a team stole 32 bases.  32!  

I will bet that the Orioles come in UNDER 32 steals this year at 28.  Manny lead the team with 9 steals last year and won't run as much this year due to it being a contract year.   

Depends on how much time, if any, Mullins spends in Baltimore.

2 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

I've made some money the past few years betting (in a Nevada sports book) the over on Oriole wins for the season. I'm a little bit nervous about this year, but I see that it's dropped from around 77 to 73, so I'll probably try it again. 

I'd take the over for 73 W and Manny  top 5 MVP.

2 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

I've made some money the past few years betting (in a Nevada sports book) the over on Oriole wins for the season. I'm a little bit nervous about this year, but I see that it's dropped from around 77 to 73, so I'll probably try it again. 

o

What happens if you take the over today, and the Orioles acquire Alex Cobb tomorrow ???

Does the bet stand as is ???

o

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

What happens if you take the over today, and the Orioles acquire Alex Cobb tomorrow ???

o

Typically yes.

I'd definitely take the over on 73 wins.  I think we'll be in third place battling for a wildcard spot.  Don't think we'll get it though.  Maybe with Cobb.

6 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

Typically yes.

I'd definitely take the over on 73 wins.  I think we'll be in third place battling for a wildcard spot.  Don't think we'll get it though.  Maybe with Cobb.

Not typically, it stands period.

On 3/19/2018 at 1:56 PM, spiritof66 said:

I've made some money the past few years betting (in a Nevada sports book) the over on Oriole wins for the season. I'm a little bit nervous about this year, but I see that it's dropped from around 77 to 73, so I'll probably try it again. 

On 3/19/2018 at 4:20 PM, OFFNY said:

o

o

On 3/19/2018 at 5:29 PM, Il BuonO said:

Not typically ........ it stands, period.

o

In that case, Peter Angelos could sign Alex Cobb this week, and recoup some of the money spent on signing him by betting $10 Million on the over just prior to the signing.

o

Archived